Privacy politics?

General discussion and chat (archived)
Quicksilver

Privacy politics?

Unread post by Quicksilver » 2012-05-22, 21:32

Hello, how are you, people?
In first place, I want to apologize about my English. I hope that all you try to understand what I'm trying to talk about. :thumbup:

Well, I was searching in the homepage of PaleMoon AND here in the forum and didn't find anything. So, this is the question: do you have a PRIVACY Politics?
I want to know if PaleMoon sends any informations about me to PaleMoon server or/and the owner of this browser, like my navigation habits, websites that I had visited, IP address etc...

Please, can somebody answer me this question, please? Thanks for now! :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Privacy politics?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-22, 21:42

Pale Moon doesn't collect or submit any metrics about the user's behavior, sites, etc.
Your IP address may be logged by the Pale Moon website in its logs as part of standard web server operating procedure, like any other website you may visit.

Since there is no collection or storage of data, I haven't really seen a need to write a privacy policy. ;-)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Quicksilver

Re: Privacy politics?

Unread post by Quicksilver » 2012-05-22, 22:02

Moonchild wrote:Pale Moon doesn't collect or submit any metrics about the user's behavior, sites, etc.
Your IP address may be logged by the Pale Moon website in its logs as part of standard web server operating procedure, like any other website you may visit.

Since there is no collection or storage of data, I haven't really seen a need to write a privacy policy. ;-)
Thanks very much for the quick answer, Moonchild! :thumbup: You can close this topic if you want.