lost bookmarks

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
theuser

lost bookmarks

Unread post by theuser » 2014-11-15, 01:18

Hi; I just updated my Pale Moon portable browser to
version 25.1.0 (x64) and lost all my bookmarks.

When I go into the Pale Moon folder I can see the
backup with todays date on it, but when I try to
restore the bookmarks from that folder, nothing
happens.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

steviem1

Re: lost bookmarks

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-11-16, 11:58

Welcome to the forum! Simple thing to try first, something might have gone amiss during the upgrade, so do the upgrade again.

era043

Unread post by era043 » 2014-11-19, 19:56

Same thing happened to me when I updated the 32-bit version of 25.1.0. I see a list of backups all the way back to April 2014, but even transferring the User folder from my previous portable version to this one, my bookmarks aren't showing up. I've tried installing the updated portable version four times, with no luck. Sadly, now I can't even get the old version of PaleMoon to work for me... Any suggestions?
Thank you!

era043

Unread post by era043 » 2014-11-20, 18:47

Solved the missing bookmarks problem by clicking on Bookmarks (on the Menu bar) > Organize bookmarks > Import & Backup > Restore, and selecting the date before I updated to the latest version of Pale Moon. Surprisingly (to me), the last 10 days were automatically populated in the Restore option. Anyway, my bookmarks are back now, and I'm a happy camper once again!