[OLD Official Thread] Adblock Latitude

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

New Tobin Paradigm

[OLD Official Thread] Adblock Latitude

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 11:23

Adblock Latitude is a direct fork of Adblock Plus specifically and exclusively targeted and developed for Pale Moon and its backend technologies.

See Moonchild's kind announcement: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6612

Get ABL now from the Pale Moon Add-ons Site: https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/

Want to file a bug? You can do so directly at the GitHub repo here: https://github.com/Pale-Moon-Addons-Team/adblock-latitude, just click Issues and report!
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2014-11-20, 11:45, edited 4 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: [Official Thread] Adblock Latitude

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 11:27

ABL 3.0.0 has been released.

(And Yes I know the BinOC page isn't up yet.)

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by josephd » 2014-11-20, 13:23

Thank You. :clap: :thumbup:

LmaoZedong

Unread post by LmaoZedong » 2014-11-20, 13:48

I get the same memory consume with ABL as I had with ABE, also ABE supported this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -up-addon/

My browser is Pale Moon x64 on Windows 7.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 14:01

LmaoZedong wrote:I get the same memory consume with ABL as I had with ABE, also ABE supported this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -up-addon/

Was there a question?

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-11-20, 14:45

I've just installed Adblock Latitude, and it's working perfectly for me. @Tobin: thank you for all the hard work you must have put into developing it! :thumbup:
Matt A Tobin wrote:
LmaoZedong wrote:I get the same memory consume with ABL as I had with ABE, also ABE supported this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -up-addon/

Was there a question?
Perhaps he/she was trying to ask if Adblock Latitude is compatible with the Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon. Is it?
Last edited by Antonius32 on 2014-11-20, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 15:02

Antonius32 wrote:I've just installed Adblock Latitude, and it's working perfectly for me. @Tobin: Thank you for all the hard work you must have put into developing it! :thumbup:
Matt A Tobin wrote:

Was there a question?
Perhaps he/she was trying to ask if Adblock Latitude is compatible with the Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon. Is it?
I have been told it does.. I do intend on actually integrating this and that other abp helper extension's functionality into ABL at some point in the future.

LmaoZedong

Unread post by LmaoZedong » 2014-11-20, 15:08

Matt A Tobin wrote:

Was there a question?
I forgot about it :mrgreen: I saw that you already replied that you will add support for it soon. I think that with ABL you have to focus on memory consume, just ABP/ABE/ABL consume nearly the same of ram as Pale Moon without addons.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 15:13

LmaoZedong wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:

Was there a question?
I forgot about it :mrgreen: I saw that you already replied that you will add support for it soon. I think that with ABL you have to focus on memory consume, just ABP/ABE/ABL consume nearly the same of ram as Pale Moon without addons.
Ram usage is dependent on how many filters are enabled and how many tabs you have on it.. There is no easy way to reduce this.. It is a consequence of having such an extensive amount of filtering.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2014-11-20, 15:19

Matt A Tobin wrote:I have been told it does.. I do intend on actually integrating this and that other abp helper extension's functionality into ABL at some point in the future.
That would be nice!

By the way, it seems that the checkbox with "Show in add-on bar" (in the options menu) doesn't work. Is this a known issue?

groundhog2
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by groundhog2 » 2014-11-20, 15:30

At last! Works great, thanks. Toolbar icon could use a bit of work though (just used to the old ABP icon I guess).

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 15:31

Antonius32 wrote:By the way, it seems that the checkbox with "Show in add-on bar" (in the options menu) doesn't work. Is this a known issue?
WORKSFORME but that being said, I don't understand the need for such a box.. If it is unchecked it throws it back into the customize box.. When rechecked it goes back to where ever it was before.. Very odd.. I think it may have been a superficial hold over from when it used to be a traditional status bar icon.. Just adapted to function similarly.
groundhog2 wrote:At last! Works great, thanks. Toolbar icon could use a bit of work though (just used to the old ABP icon I guess).
Yes I know.. I plan to address that in an update. I actually planned to address that before release but ABP's increased dissatisfaction with the Pseudo-Static existing kinda got in the way..

gcgriswold

Unread post by gcgriswold » 2014-11-20, 15:43

Hi Tobin-
"On 20/11/2014 when attempting to download Adblock Latitude, I get the following error message: "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on addons.palemoon.org"."

Per your reply, I tried again. Results were the same: Nada. I' ll keep trying. Right now I'm using the shareware version of Adguard. It works well with PM.

Cheers.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-20, 15:59

gcgriswold wrote:Hi Tobin-
"On 20/11/2014 when attempting to download Adblock Latitude, I get the following error message: "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on addons.palemoon.org"."

Per your reply, I tried again. Results were the same: Nada. I' ll keep trying. Right now I'm using the shareware version of Adguard. It works well with PM.

Cheers.
Again, WORKSFORME.. Was Adguard on when you attempted to get ABL? Perhaps it is actually blocking it..

gcgriswold

Unread post by gcgriswold » 2014-11-20, 16:28

Hi Tobin-

Closed Adguard; tried downloading AL; got the same results. Appreciate the suggestion. I'll try again, when the spirit moves me.

Cheers.
GCG

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-11-20, 16:33

I had no problems downloading and then installing Adblock Latitude in both Windows and linux Pale Moon earlier this morning. Works flawlessly for me too.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-11-20, 17:08

gcgriswold wrote:Hi Tobin-

Closed Adguard; tried downloading AL; got the same results. Appreciate the suggestion. I'll try again, when the spirit moves me.

Cheers.
GCG
I downloaded\installed ABL earlier this morning on one of my Win7 systems, no problem, just finished installing on Xubuntu, Win7 and Win8.1, no issues at all.

have you tried installing another extension, just as a test?

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-11-20, 17:18

Just wanted to note that "Restore own backup" in ABL did restore my custom filters that I backed up before removing ABE. So manually reentering (i.e. retyping) the custom filters wasn't necessary. All seems to be working (no list subscriptions, and not many hits to test my custom filters).

gcgriswold

Unread post by gcgriswold » 2014-11-20, 17:29

Concerning ABL:

1. Successfully downloaded ABL with Yandex.
2. Manually installed ABL in PM.
3. It works.
4. Thanks for all of your suggestions. :mrgreen:

Cheers.
GCG

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-11-20, 17:36

Great! Glad you've got it installed. I am confused, what does it mean:
gcgriswold wrote: 1. Successfully downloaded ABL with Yandex.
2. Manually installed ABL in PM.
I thought Yandex was a search engine like !G or DDG. Clearly I'm out of the loop.