Sync setup unkown error

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Longstreet

Sync setup unkown error

Unread post by Longstreet » 2014-10-08, 20:25

Howdy, new user here. As the title suggests, I'm having difficulty setting up Sync. When I enter my email address it initially tells me it's not a good address, then throws an unknown error.

I've been searching and seen several threads discussing sync problems. The "unknown error" seems to be resulting from the server being down, or so I've read.

If this is all part of a larger issue that is being worked on, that's cool, I can wait. I'm just trying to figure out if what I'm experiencing is part of that larger problem or is there something I need to try.

Thanks!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync setup unkown error

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-08, 20:52

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Longstreet

Unread post by Longstreet » 2014-10-09, 00:17

Cool, thank you. I'm really liking PM, I'll sit tight and wait for 25!

DejanN

Unread post by DejanN » 2014-11-07, 22:59

I don't think "unknown error" when typing email address in Sync setup has to do anything with server or PMfL version, because I've had that error in 24.7 and 25.0.2.
Typing single character in email field gives error immediately.
But when I pasted entire email address typed in text editor it was ok.
Since I managed to set sync up, this is not important error/bug.
I am on Kubuntu 14.10, if that matters.

Longstreet

Unread post by Longstreet » 2014-11-10, 18:24

DejanN wrote:I don't think "unknown error" when typing email address in Sync setup has to do anything with server or PMfL version, because I've had that error in 24.7 and 25.0.2.
Typing single character in email field gives error immediately.
But when I pasted entire email address typed in text editor it was ok.
Since I managed to set sync up, this is not important error/bug.
I am on Kubuntu 14.10, if that matters.
So you copy/paste your email address? Hmm.

I'll give that a shot. I've been distro hopping and using Chrome whilst doing so. I'd really like to come back to Pale Moon, but bookmark syncing is an absolute must.