Adblock Plus

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Joskapista

Adblock Plus

Unread post by Joskapista » 2014-10-24, 01:01

Hi all!
I just switched to PaleMoon (from Firefox, obviously). Everything is working well, even most of my many addons - except for the most important one. I just can't place the Adblock Plus icon anywhere. This might seem to be trivial, but it's not, becouse without it's icon it can't be controlled. It's not in the browser toolbar, nor in the status bar, and not even in any of the menus. I tried to place it from the toolbars customization menu where all the availible icons are but it's not even there. I tried to reinstall ABP but no luck, I still didn't get the icon.
ABP (along with NoScript) is literally the most important addon, and if one can't control it that severly impacts the browser experience.
Could anyone help me with this?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Adblock Plus

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-24, 06:16

You could possibly have helped yourself by checking existing threads before posting ;)
ABP has a Pale Moon-specific temporary version while a replacement (ABL, AdBlock Latitude) is sorted out.
See:
http://addons.palemoon.org/firefox/incompatible/
http://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/p ... lock-plus/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Joskapista

Unread post by Joskapista » 2014-10-24, 07:59

Thank you for your help!
To my excuse, I actually searched the forum with the keyword "adblock" and found nothing relevant.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-24, 08:42

Strange, because that search will come up with plenty of results! Including the many references to the pseudo-static version, current work on the replacement, etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite