PM Portable 25.0.1 Atom

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

PM Portable 25.0.1 Atom

Unread post by billmcct » 2014-10-21, 20:42

PM Portable 25.0.1 Atom is always shown as "FF 24.9" on the FireFox extensions site. I am constantly being told that extensions are not compatable with "FF 24.9". Could someone enlighten me as to why this is happening? I try to install extensions that say they are compatable with FF 25.0+ and get a message saying that the extension could not be installed because it is not compatable with FF24.9.

Bill :cry:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Supernova

Re: PM Portable 25.0.1 Atom

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-21, 21:25

The number of version of Pale Moon is not anymore related to a FF number version. PM 25 is not based on FF 25, nor on 24 or anything else ; but for extension compatibility it is closer to FF24 ; and that's why it adverts this to addons mozilla website.
You may try to install the addon with the help of this one. You just say to AMO to install it* anyway, and that addon will disable the browser-side check. However, the addon* may, obviously, not work correctly. If it uses any Australis-related feature, it probably won't work.

* = the one which AMO said is incompatible and you wanted at start
Last edited by Supernova on 2014-10-21, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2014-10-21, 21:46

Thank you, Supernova
I have had that add on downloaded for months and never installed it. Will give it a try.

Thanks again,

Bill
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2014-10-21, 23:30

Supernova, I again thank you, since I was able to install https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/febe/ and it works very well in the 25.0.1 version of PM Atom.

Bill
Tommy Lasorda