[Solved] Will There Be a Version 25.0.1 For Linux

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

[Solved] Will There Be a Version 25.0.1 For Linux

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-16, 23:44

Just curious as always.

Since playing around with Windows Pale Moon 25.0.1 in 32 bit today and liking this version (so far), will there be a 25.0.1 for linux?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

rea987

Re: Will There Be a Version 25.0.1 For Linux

Unread post by rea987 » 2014-10-16, 23:54

Yeah, that is exactly what am I wondering for couple days. Since I live in a country which blocks 1/3 of YouTube videos for copyright reasons, I need to have ProxMate extension. As I tried Pale Moon 25.0.1 for Windows under Wine, the extension has started to work without an issue. Besides v25.0.1 has shipped with number of security fixes which may be required by GNU/Linux users as well. When will GNU/Linux version of v25.0.1 be released? Thanks... :-)
Last edited by rea987 on 2014-10-17, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-10-17, 03:55

Why not ... but cyansmoker is recovering from injuries, so it might take some time.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-17, 04:08

I can wait and I don't mind waiting.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

rea987

Unread post by rea987 » 2014-10-19, 12:40

v25.0.1 has just been released for GNU/Linux. ProxMate 2.3.3 and HTTPS Everywhere (5.0development.0) have re-started working. Thank you, devs! :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-19, 13:00

Yeah I asked the dev yesterday to give this priority because of the critical security fixes, and because the add-on SDK issues breaking a number of jetpack add-ons should be fixed ASAP. Glad to see it was picked up!

Cyansmoker: :thumbup:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

SvenG

Unread post by SvenG » 2014-10-19, 13:44

So, I bet we[tm] are cool again :D

I will still wait to see the first responses before I update :)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-19, 14:57

SvenG wrote:So, I bet we[tm] are cool again :D

I will still wait to see the first responses before I update :)
You won't have to wait too long as I'm feeling "adventurous" today. ;)

As soon as I'm through surfing the PM forums site, I'm going to turn on my laptop which I use for experimental purposes and put linux Pale Moon 25.0.1 in 64 bit on it in 64 bit linux Mint 17. Then take it for a "demo ride" and see how my NoSquint, Adblock Edge-PM and User Agent Overrider add-ons work.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-10-19, 16:21

SvenG wrote:I will still wait to see the first responses before I update :)
Just got done taking 64 bit linux Pale Moon 25.0.1 for a demo ride in 64 bit linux Mint 17 (XFCE) on this laptop I use for experimental purposes and which I'm typing this message from. The three add-ons I use are NoSquint, User Agent Overrider, Adblock Edge (PM) and they are all working properly.

All my weather sites work, my streaming web cam sites work, my news sites work, no problem with YouTube videos, all my forum sites I visit each day work, my email accounts work which includes Hotmail, etc. Honestly, I'm not having any problems with 25.0.1, but I do not use a lot of add-ons so I'm lucky I do not have any add-on incompatibility problems.

The only site which doesn't render properly is MSN. Even using the User Agent Overrider add-on with the proper settings enabled, MSN still does not render properly. But, I do not visit MSN so this is not a concern for me.

So I think you should install linux Pale Moon 25.0.1 and test it out for yourself. Just remember I'm a non technical computer user so if any problems were to jump up and bite me in this version, they would have already done so.....as in "Murphy's Law".

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2014-10-19, 16:38

rea987 wrote:v25.0.1 has just been released for GNU/Linux. ... HTTPS Everywhere (5.0development.0) have re-started working...
Thanks for the heads up. Just installed PM4Linux 25.0.1 using access2godzilla's palemoon_installer script. No issues with the upgrade install.

And thanks also for the HTTP Everywhere dev tip. Now with HTTP Everywhere's 5.0dev... installed the icon is back in the tool bar.

Also, no issues thus far that I notice with the other 25 extensions that I'm running in Pale Moon for Linux either.

rea987

Unread post by rea987 » 2014-10-20, 12:56

martywd wrote:And thanks also for the HTTP Everywhere dev tip. Now with HTTP Everywhere's 5.0dev... installed the icon is back in the tool bar.
You are welcome mate. HTTPS Everywhere should be used by every advanced (even by newbies) users. I feel insecure without it. :-P