Hatred At Mozilla Forums

General discussion and chat (archived)
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Hatred At Mozilla Forums

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-16, 00:00

sqelch7 wrote:This topic is too polite. Is everyone pretending the Brendan Eich incident never happened? The Mozillaziod culture is one of typically crude, totalitarian, Leftist [redundancy] speech and thought control.
You can express your dissatisfaction, disapproval, and distaste for something without resorting to generalizations and low level crude expression. We should endeavor to conduct ourselves better than those we dislike. The whole beat them without becoming them thing...

Also this thread is specifically about Mozillazine not MozCo which despite their connection and relationship are not governed by the same people.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-16, 01:34

Matt A Tobin wrote:
sqelch7 wrote:This topic is too polite. Is everyone pretending the Brendan Eich incident never happened? The Mozillaziod culture is one of typically crude, totalitarian, Leftist [redundancy] speech and thought control.
You can express your dissatisfaction, disapproval, and distaste for something without resorting to generalizations and low level crude expression. We should endeavor to conduct ourselves better than those we dislike. The whole beat them without becoming them thing...

Also this thread is specifically about Mozillazine not MozCo which despite their connection and relationship are not governed by the same people.
Too polite eh? K then.. Their a bunch of stuck up ***holes that don't need to be running a forum as they clearly lack people skills. Better? ;)
Not Mozilla Co, Mozillazine. Yeah yeah. If there's one thing I hate, that's keyboard warriors. Nuff said. Their kiss up's to Mozilla, so the end user get's a nice public humiliation, and a post edit any time a non Mozilla owned product is mentioned.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-23, 08:49

Probably off topic, but I just saved another Firefox "victim" :D
^This was on a social net/vid site I use.
Attachments
Firefox Victom Saved.JPG
Firefox Victom Saved.JPG (11.28 KiB) Viewed 3994 times

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-09-24, 00:37

A Firefox "Victim". Brilliant.
So would Australis be like a "symptom"?

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-24, 01:41

JodyThornton wrote:A Firefox "Victim". Brilliant.
A case of Australis instability, yep.

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2014-09-24, 04:36

It's called Australisitis. :P

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-24, 20:50

nana2 wrote:
It's called Australisitis. :P
That's a way to put it ;)

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-09-25, 08:47

Mr Noise is really having a dilemma as to what to do with that GUID thread. A couple of days ago he locked it for no apparent reason, and posted a sniping comment that we weren't trolling in an amusing fashion any more. Then he unlocked it and removed that comment, but put a different one in predicting that we'd soon be back to troll and drive it off topic. Now that claim has also been removed and replaced with a "light music" comment.

It's quite amusing watching him talking away to himself in that thread. He just cannot leave it alone :)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-25, 12:07

LoudNoise is nothing more than a loudmouth. He's a control freak. He's just irked that no one is taking their baiting tactics. That's the long and short of it. If I could put LN on my Foe list over there I would, but one cannot put a moderator on a Foe list. All the other bashers over there, those which aren't moderators, they're ALL on my Foe list. In fact, I put the most vocal basher of them all on my Foe list after the first week I was there and that was "three years ago". The only time I see comments from those on my Foe list at Mozillazine, is when another member quotes a comment from one of them in a message.

When I visit Mozillazine, it's because I use the non Australis looking Firefox 24 ESR versions as my backup browser to Pale Moon in both linux and Windows. When Mozilla does away with the non Australis Firefox 24 ESR versions, SeaMonkey will be my backup browser to Pale Moon in both linux and Windows and I'll have no reason to visit the Firefox forums (Support & General) from then on.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

minimal-m

Unread post by minimal-m » 2014-09-25, 19:20

Has it been asked to add "Pale Moon" to the "Custom Builds" sticky over there?

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-09-25, 21:16

minimal-m wrote:Has it been asked to add "Pale Moon" to the "Custom Builds" sticky over there?
Don't even mention Pale Moon in any way over there, unless you want to your post edited, locked, and called a "fanboy". PM's not part of their click, so any regards to it makes them feel insecure. Afraid the big guys at Mozilla will come down on them advertising the only rival to Australis. Who would want to make a poor little keyboard warrior feel insecure? :lol:
But really don't ever bring up PM over there, just warning you. If their light enough on ya they'll just not approve the post, other times you get the whole public humiliation, and/or cut down of the browser. They even check the User Agent of which browser your accessing the board with. Biased? Absolutely!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-25, 22:32

Or suspended/banned.. In any event, my recommendation is, be careful. It is their forum and despite what we may think they can and will do anything they want and are not obligated to give us the time of day.

Samson

Unread post by Samson » 2014-10-16, 04:23

Little bit of an old topic, I know, but this is related.

Who the heck is that Frank Lion guy? I have never once seen a polite post out of him in all the time I've spent lurking their forums. He only seems to come out when there's a flamewar to be joined and, judging by his post count, that must be quite often.

It seems he has some pull around the place since it's strongly implied HE lobbied to get the GUID thread unlocked and was successful. Which he then used as an opportunity to bash people, as usual.

Gotta say, if he had been a member on a forum I ran, he'd have been banned a long time ago as a troll, flamebaiter, etc. for his continuous personal attacks on everyone in sight. He wouldn't have lasted a week.

mikeysc

Unread post by mikeysc » 2014-10-16, 04:38

Even worse, IMO, looks like possible trend now of updating extensions to min ver 26.0 so they won't install by default in PM25. Conspiracy or coincidence?

Sariel

Unread post by Sariel » 2014-10-16, 23:21

That just requires an extra click though (and the chance of the add-on not working due to it actually being incompatible).

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-16, 23:27

Actually Firefox 26 introduced some changes so this is not unexpected.

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-10-17, 01:01

Samson wrote:It seems he has some pull around the place ... Gotta say, if he had been a member on a forum I ran, he'd have been banned a long time ago as a troll, flamebaiter, etc. for his continuous personal attacks on everyone in sight. He wouldn't have lasted a week.
There's a similar phenomenon at MSFN.org. There's a tight knit bunch there that act in a derogatory fashion to those who seek help. They tell you to Google it or stop adding to an old thread (but they do it in such a way as to make you feel small and stupid).

One of their admin/posters submix8c, is especially short with people, but all of his admin buddies defend him by saying, "He has posted here over 3,000 times and has been here forever", so they let it pass. Mind you, if I ever argue a point with him, I'd get flamed (and so do many others).

Just the way it is I guess. :)

Hobbit

Unread post by Hobbit » 2014-10-29, 20:34

Loud Noise (appropriate name) proceeds to call me a whiner, and locks the thread. What is it that he and his cronies afraid of?
Well, if you say "I switched to Pale Moon!" on the Mozilla forums, they call you a whiner and lock the thread.

But if you say, "I switched back to Firefox! on the Pale Moon forums, they call you a rage-quitter and delete the thread.

The real question is, would the developers of NCSA Mosaic get mad if you said you were switching browsers on *their* forum?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-29, 20:53

How on earth can you read "Please don't make drama out of switching back to firefox and we will delete trolling/inflammatory posts to that effect" (which is normal moderation to keep forum-visiting a pleasant exprience for everyone else) as "You're a ragequitter for switching to Firefox and we will delete your thread"?

If you decide to switch back to Firefox and say so on this forum, then that's perfectly fine. We won't delete it or do anything with it. But if you, say, go out on a tirade about Pale Moon that is not constructive or in any way more than just trying to get a rise out of Pale Moon supporters, then yes, that will be considered trolling and will be deleted. So far we've had to do that a total of 0 times, thankfully.

Sad that I even have to explain where the common sense line for acceptable forum etiquette lies.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

silverfox

Unread post by silverfox » 2014-10-31, 08:45

I'm glad that I read this thread. I was confuse about "which is the firefox official forum".
Now I'm aware the mozillazine is just a firefox fan forum nothing relate with firefox main forum. :)