Palemoon 12 Status Bar Text

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
shagger1

Palemoon 12 Status Bar Text

Unread post by shagger1 » 2012-05-01, 08:38

Hi
the text on the download indicator is above it-how do I set it so it is on the left? The setting that I used for palemoon 9 does not work(download text , both)

Thanks
Rod

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon 12 Status Bar Text

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-01, 09:30

The download settings and result you probably want:
Attachments
Download Indicator display
Download Indicator display
downloadindicator.png (8.27 KiB) Viewed 2051 times
Download Indicator settings
Download Indicator settings
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

shagger1

Unread post by shagger1 » 2012-05-01, 20:05

Thank You but that wont do it-I set it like the image and the little hard drive wirth the green arrow on it is above the text? What next??
Rod

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-01, 22:33

The disk with the green arrow icon is not standard - are you using a custom Firefox theme for your browser? If so, then that will be your culprit.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

shagger1

Unread post by shagger1 » 2012-05-02, 15:00

You were right-I was not using the default theme but now the text is still above (see Screenshot)Is there any wat to have it look like firefoxs default?
Thanks
Rod

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-02, 15:41

I think you may be suffering from the fact that your status bar is already disproportionately large (even with the standard theme) because of your other add-on icons in there, which makes the icon and text become multi-line. I don't really have a ready solution for that.
Is there any wat to have it look like firefoxs default?
Firefox's default is to not show this indicator at all :!: , so if you want that, you can right-click the status bar, choose customize, and remove the download indicator panel.

shagger1

Unread post by shagger1 » 2012-05-02, 16:50

Ok Thanks
I use 800x600 resolution would that make a difference-and or those addons you see dont take up that much space do they? Should I hide them?If no and no I will live with it!
Thanks
Rod