PaleMoon w/o Web Dev Tools

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
databaseben

PaleMoon w/o Web Dev Tools

Unread post by databaseben » 2014-10-01, 15:07

I would like to install a palemoon with a small foot print with the necessary tools needed for browsing and enjoying the web. Would it not be a better browser if it came in 2 flavors, ie with web dev tools and w/o web dev tools? I mean, we non developers have no interest in developmental or inspection tools. But if we did, then it would be a nice option to download Palemoon that has those tools.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: PaleMoon w/o Web Dev Tools

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-01, 15:28

See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5104
Off-topic:
What does this have to do with the Portable version?

databaseben

Unread post by databaseben » 2014-10-01, 20:30

unfortunately, it was an honest mistake on my part b/c i was browsing the section on "portable" to find helpful info or ideas in line to my interest; when i then clicked "new topic".

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-01, 21:01

If you want a custom Pale Moon you can build it your self though using some configure commands. We do have --disable-devtools

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-02, 07:19

If you don't want to build it yourself, the Atom version has dev tools disabled by default, since it is aimed at netbooks and low resource machines where web developing is not done.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

databaseben

Unread post by databaseben » 2014-10-05, 18:15

(SOLUTION)

thanks for the tip on the Atom Version. Laptop feels lighter now. :-)

(just being humorous)

TELVM

Unread post by TELVM » 2014-10-10, 13:04

Matt A Tobin wrote:If you want a custom Pale Moon you can build it your self though using some configure commands. We do have --disable-devtools
Please excuse my ignorance :oops: , does that mean I must add --disable-devtools to the Windows shortcut > properties > target, for something like this:

R:\PaleMoon\Palemoon-Portable.exe --disable-devtools

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-10-10, 13:40

No, it is an option that has to be added in a file named .mozconfig if you wish to compile PM for yourself.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-10, 13:41

No, --disable-devtools is an option you pass in the configuration when you build it from source, yourself. (mid-aired with a2g XD)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

TELVM

Unread post by TELVM » 2014-10-10, 18:35

Thanks, found this guide that explains it fairly well.

Will freeing that "decent amount of memory and processing power that Web Developer Tools take when included" be worth the hassle?