[Solved] Links In Thunderbird

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
dave r

[Solved] Links In Thunderbird

Unread post by dave r » 2014-09-20, 21:02

I've just started using Pale Moon on Linux Lite and I'm using Thunderbird as my E-Mail Client, my problem is that links in E-Mail's do not work, I've created an account on your Forum but the link in the E-Mail just brings up the terminal window with a request to type in my password so the computer can search for updates, the same thing happens with other links, I use a cycling forum and get E-Mails when someone has replied to a thread I'm watching, these E-Mails contain links that should take me back to the forum but they just bring up the Terminal Window,these links worked with no problems in Firefox, I presume its just a setting that wants changing but I'm having problems working it out. I've seen the old post on the Forum about this problem but it concerns a different flavour of Linux.
Last edited by dave r on 2014-09-22, 06:03, edited 2 times in total.

access2godzilla

Re: Links In Thunderbird

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-09-21, 00:39

It would be helpful to know in what manner Pale Moon was installed (i.e. by using pminstaller, manual setup or simple extract-and-run).

dave r

Unread post by dave r » 2014-09-21, 06:30

access2godzilla wrote:It would be helpful to know in what manner Pale Moon was installed (i.e. by using pminstaller, manual setup or simple extract-and-run).

It was installed through pminstaller.

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-09-21, 07:54

Please delete the shell script in /usr/bin/palemoon and make a link in its place to /opt/palemoon/palemoon.

dave r

Unread post by dave r » 2014-09-21, 13:33

access2godzilla wrote:Please delete the shell script in /usr/bin/palemoon and make a link in its place to /opt/palemoon/palemoon.
I'm just a user, I've never had to play with shell scripts before, can we put that into simple English a non teche person can understand please.

dave r

Unread post by dave r » 2014-09-21, 21:42

Can we consider this closed, I now have the links working, I uninstalled Pale Moon, ran Bleach bit to clean up my system then reinstalled Pale Moon and now have the links working.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-09-22, 00:10

@dave r

If you solved your problem and everything is now working for you, you'll have to edit the topic by putting "Solved" in front of the topic.

To edit the topic heading, go back to your first message which started this thread and click on "Edit" which will allow you to edit the topic.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox