[OBSOLETE] Pale Moon for Windows XP x64 Edition

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
New Tobin Paradigm

[OBSOLETE] Pale Moon for Windows XP x64 Edition

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-10, 05:09

PM4XP64 has been integrated into the Pale Moon for Windows XP release effort. Previous versions of PM4XP64 are now obsolete and unsupported. Please check out the PM4XP thread here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5355
PM4XP64 is a 3rd Party Contributed Build of Pale Moon for Windows XP x64 Edition and 64bit builds of Server 2003 using the exact same configuration options as main-line Pale Moon builds. The only true difference is that this is specifically compiled to 64 bit versions of NT 5.2 (XP64 and Server 2003 64bit).

Binaries are only built from branched code from the official release branch of Pale Moon which is promptly merged in after the main-line browser is released. I do have my own repo with the "Sumozi" and "PM4XP64" up on Git Hub.

Check out the Binary Outcast Software Project Page for more detailed information and downloads!
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2014-10-10, 20:12, edited 5 times in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Pale Moon for Windows XP x64 Edition - Release Thread

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-10, 05:17

At long last it is here! Enjoy!

silverfox

Unread post by silverfox » 2014-08-20, 01:33

:o Wow, Thank you I never thought it's over here. I'll keep it. :thumbup:

I run XPx64, Win8.1m, Xubuntu BTW :silent:
But I still fond of playing something with XPx64

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-24, 00:09

I'll be keeping it going for a while longer btw. But keep in mind that NT5x support in the codebase is going to progressively get tougher to retain as time goes on but I shall do my best!

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 17:35

Awwww darn! Now I wonder if I should go back to Windows XP x64 Edition (I REALLY loved that OS, and my HP xw8200 Workstation ran PERFECTLY on it.). But I've now fully switched over to Vista. Damn!

I wonder how long you'll be able to make a go of it. I wish you the best on that endeavour.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-27, 19:28

JodyThornton wrote:Awwww darn! Now I wonder if I should go back to Windows XP x64 Edition (I REALLY loved that OS, and my HP xw8200 Workstation ran PERFECTLY on it.). But I've now fully switched over to Vista. Damn!
If you made the switch to Vista then it would be trivial and highly beneficial to switch to Windows 7 in the near future as that will be the last "pure" Windows version that will be supported the longest. Besides main-line Pale Moon x64 will work better due to the improvements in NT6 vs my little contrib

JodyThornton

Unread post by JodyThornton » 2014-08-27, 19:39

Oh I know. Actually my system runs Vista really well (I find the x64 build with SP2 integrated runs very well, contrary to what Vista haters would have you believe.) And I dislike the Windows 7 taskbar changes. So I have support to 2017 which is still a ways off. Then at that time, if Windows 9 looks promising, I'll jump.

I guess it's just that Windows XP x64 ran REALLY well on my particular system. And I have found a source for patched post-April updates, and now your browser. Makes me almost want to go back....lol. But then again, I've experienced all of the upgrade pains that I would need to undertake come July 2015 anyway. So I know I'm at an advantage. I just miss XP, that's all.

:)
(Thanks for listening)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-27, 19:53

JodyThornton wrote: (Thanks for listening)
no problem!

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-08-27, 20:05

JodyThornton wrote:And I dislike the Windows 7 taskbar changes.
Off-topic:
The Windows 7 taskbar can be easily made to emulate the Vista taskbar. Right click on it and Properties, then change taskbar buttons to "Never combine" (this expands the program icons for running programs into the older-style full bars and shows name of the program - just as with Vista). Tick "Use small icons" and the bar will shrink to Vista/XP size. That's one of the things I like about Windows 7 - it's really quite tweakable out of the box.
On-topic - Thanks for this Matt. I do still use XP on one of my machines (an older dual-booting Mac Mini that just does not play nice with Windows 7 unfortunately), but alas it's only the 32 bit version, so I'll have to use the Atom version on it soon. Good to see XP64 still getting a bit of support here and there :)

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-08-29, 22:38

JodyThornton wrote:Oh I know. Actually my system runs Vista really well (I find the x64 build with SP2 integrated runs very well, contrary to what Vista haters would have you believe.) And I dislike the Windows 7 taskbar changes. So I have support to 2017 which is still a ways off. Then at that time, if Windows 9 looks promising, I'll jump.

I guess it's just that Windows XP x64 ran REALLY well on my particular system. And I have found a source for patched post-April updates, and now your browser. Makes me almost want to go back....lol. But then again, I've experienced all of the upgrade pains that I would need to undertake come July 2015 anyway. So I know I'm at an advantage. I just miss XP, that's all.

:)
(Thanks for listening)
Same here, I use too prefer Vista SP2 x64. Never failed on me yet either with custom built PC. WinServer 2008 R1 uses same kernel, so hopefully security updates will be available to us until 2020 when server variant looses support.
By the way great build here, happy to see people still supporting XP x64 and Server 2003. I liked Windows 2003 better than XP personally :thumbup:
Hopefully PM will be alright on Vista for years to come. Uses NT 6 kernel like Windows 7 so I don't see why not.
Testing this out on my Windows XP x64 VM.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-30, 01:08

Vista is supported till 2017 Windows 7 until 2020

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-08-30, 01:30

Matt A Tobin wrote:Vista is supported till 2017 Windows 7 until 2020
True, but here's the catch. The server variation of both Windows 7 and Vista, (Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2) will be supported until 2020. Because the 1st edition of Windows Server is built on Vista they share same update models. Theoretically it "should" be able to install security updates from MS via offline installer.
Alright getting off topic here. Tested browser in virtual machine and it's runs smoothly. Thumbs for XP x64 :thumbup:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-11, 11:58

Pale Moon for Windows XP x64 Edition version 24.7.2 has been released. Get it here: http://binaryoutcast.com/software/projects/pm4xp64/