Bug Report :- "Save Files To" is unrelated to reality

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
alan9182

Bug Report :- "Save Files To" is unrelated to reality

Unread post by alan9182 » 2012-04-14, 10:11

Unexpected feature of at least Palemoon-Portable-9.2.exe and Palemoon-Portable-11.0.1.exe, and possible all other versions

This is the natural default state of Palemoon without any user customisation or changes to Palemoon-Portable.ini,
and without any add-ons.

When I click on Tools -> Options -> General
I see checked the option "Always ask me where to save files",
and unchecked is the option "Save Files To" and the greyed out destination is Downloads.
This is not the "downloads" you are looking for :crazy:
When I check the option and Browse I then find It is actually designating
C:\Users\Alan\Downloads.
E:\Portable\PaleMoon\Downloads is the reality of where the downloaded files arrive.

When I download from the Internet I can at that point tell the download manager a different destination and it will oblige.
BUT the same old lies are told by Tools -> Options -> General

As mentioned elsewhere :-
I have a brand new installation of Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 on a 59 GB SSD,
with an old 1 TB MBR HDD which held my previous Win7, and a 600 GB GPT HDD holding partitions E:\ and G:\.

I previously forgot to mention that my hardware and my Operating System is 64 bit,
but my focus is on 32 versions of Palemoon Portable.

Looking Forward to Palemoon version v 11.0,2 :wink:

Regards
Alan

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Bug Report :- "Save Files To" is unrelated to reality

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-04-14, 10:17

This has already been addressed in a different thread, but thanks for reporting it again.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite