Errors compiling PM from source

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Errors compiling PM from source

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-06-14, 00:29

jjacky wrote:
Moonchild wrote:If you are building a package for official redistribution, please do not change the official feature set or included modules.
Is there such a list (of options to use/not to use) to build PM somewhere?
You can get the list by looking at the official browser's about:buildconfig and I've also outlined them in the build instructions on this forum, but I'll re-iterate here, for sake of ease.

This is the current disabled feature flags set for official mainline builds (24.6):

Code: Select all

--disable-crashreporter
--disable-accessibility
--disable-parental-controls
--disable-maintenance-service
--disable-webrtc
--disable-websms-backend
--disable-windows-mobile-components
--disable-metro
Official builds also use the following additional flags (some are already defaults in the source code but still stated explicitly as a leftover from past changes by Mozilla):

Code: Select all

--with-distribution-id=Palemoon
--enable-official-branding 
--enable-jemalloc
--enable-chrome-format=omni 
--enable-strip
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Artiom

Unread post by Artiom » 2014-06-16, 07:25

Ok, I will take into account all this for the next package. Will try to compile with 4.9 this week.

Artiom

Unread post by Artiom » 2014-06-25, 08:29

jjacky wrote:I was able to compile pale moon on Arch (x64) w/ gcc-4.9 just fine (well, almost, but unrelated), as along as I removed -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -- maybe try removing it from your CPPFLAGS.
I tried with clang, and with gcc 4.9. No difference, the same error about types. However clang works much faster!
How did you remove -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 ?
I greped it in the sources and found nothing :wtf: The error is during configure step.

Artiom

Unread post by Artiom » 2014-06-26, 12:17

Thank you a lot! I passed configure cap and if compilation is ok, I will update AUR this evening.