Profile, addons and configuration

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
aprengo

Profile, addons and configuration

Unread post by aprengo » 2014-02-18, 00:51

I am using waterfox-64-portable, but i have problems with the last version and the addon Groups Tab manager.

But with waterfox i use the same profile and addons.

I have installed firefox with the profile in a data disk, so is not the standard location.

The utility from pale moon warning that only use is the profile is in the default location. So. How can i do this manually ?

Best Regards

dark_moon

Re: Profile, addons and configuration

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-02-18, 04:31

Welcome to the forum!
You are in the pale moon forum, not the waterfox ;)

Just copy your profile manually

aprengo

Unread post by aprengo » 2014-02-18, 10:40

And is it not possible to share the folder instead ?
Or even add the differents files to the firefox profile and share between the browsers ?
Only one place, only one target ?

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-02-18, 10:50

aprengo wrote:And is it not possible to share the folder instead ?
If you are using the portable version on different computers, the answer is no.
However, if you use it on the same computer, use mklink to create a symbolic link, although I do not recommend this practice at all.

aprengo

Unread post by aprengo » 2014-02-19, 12:42

And syncing from waterfox-firefox towards palemoon.
I use the portable version not in a usb drive. Simply in a data internal disk.

But I suppose this syncing don't install the addons
Only syncronyze bookmarks and other details.......

Best Regards

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2014-02-19, 15:39

Firefrox Sync also syncs the add-ons, unless you copy the profile entirely to the new browser.
Also, if you use something like FEBE to make the add-ons save in a folder, you just install directly.

aprengo

Unread post by aprengo » 2014-02-19, 20:31

Just the point is that we need to copy or sync the profile. Not just share the profile in the same location like using other compatible browsers.
By any reason, Pale Moon requires to sync or at least copy the profile from firefox to a new location where probably or obviously are additiones files pale moon require to do well.

What I don't know if these additional files may be copied in the profile folder of firefox and be used.

That is : what i was talking around my head is the possibility, because with the sync option all naturally goes well too.

Best Regards