Suddenly unable to access pages at Raindrop.io Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
dfleiss
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Suddenly unable to access pages at Raindrop.io

Unread post by dfleiss » 2022-01-27, 06:34

I use Raindrop.io, a bookmark storage site that's an alternative to Pocket. Their website can be accessed at https://raindrop.io/

A Raindrop user can access their bookmarks at https://app.raindrop.io/my/0

Until today, I was able to access my Raindrop bookmarks using Pale Moon. Today, I simply get a blank screen. The bookmarks page loads in Edge. I can access the Raindrop website in Pale Moon, just not the bookmarks page.

I'm using Pale Moon 29.4.4 (32-bit) on a Windows 10 machine. I use AdGuard for ad blocking. Turning it off didn't make any difference. I deleted my cookies, started Pale Moon in safe mode, and created a new profile, but none of those methods allowed me to access the bookmarks page using Pale Moon.

I would appreciate any suggestions other users can offer. Thank you.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Suddenly unable to access pages at Raindrop.io

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-01-27, 06:43

Follow posting instructions as in the red box on top.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2022-01-27, 06:52

For future, the devs would appreciate it if you provided console output, per the instructions in the light red box, top of page.
But with that said...

Code: Select all

Error: SyntaxError: invalid regexp group
Source File: https://app.raindrop.io/assets/vendors.099696a23c6e38da3a5a.js?d5747f95da743bbf1d0f
Line: 79, Column: 47908
Source Code:
trim(),/^data:/i.test(e))return((e,{stripHash:t})=>{const n=/^data:(?<type>[^,]*?),(?<data>[^#]*?)(?:#(?<hash>.*))?$/.ex
forum search: "invalid regexp group"

dfleiss
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by dfleiss » 2022-01-27, 07:05

moonbat wrote:
2022-01-27, 06:43
Follow posting instructions as in the red box on top.
Sorry. I missed the big red box. :oops:
coffeebreak wrote:
2022-01-27, 06:52
For future, the devs would appreciate it if you provided console output, per the instructions in the light red box, top of page.
But with that said...

Code: Select all

Error: SyntaxError: invalid regexp group
Source File: https://app.raindrop.io/assets/vendors.099696a23c6e38da3a5a.js?d5747f95da743bbf1d0f
Line: 79, Column: 47908
Source Code:
trim(),/^data:/i.test(e))return((e,{stripHash:t})=>{const n=/^data:(?<type>[^,]*?),(?<data>[^#]*?)(?:#(?<hash>.*))?$/.ex
forum search: "invalid regexp group"
Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-27, 12:40

So the bottom line is raindrop.io changed their website code to include Chrome regexp extensions. That is why it suddenly doesn't work.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite