[DPMO] MDN Content Import Discussion

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

New Tobin Paradigm

[DPMO] MDN Content Import Discussion

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-08-03, 21:24

So because of semi-recent events I have decided that I am starting a new initiative to import MDN Content to the Pale Moon Developer Site with the eventual goal to rewrite it all as up to date Pale Moon and UXP Documentation. I am doing this because it is important that no one individual controls the fate of historical documentation.

This is happening within the Selene Public Repository so even if.. I were to go mad and delete the everything.. Others can retain a copy with full history in order to continue on.

Phase 1: Import MDN Content (Starting with "Archived"content and emit it on DPMO
Phase 2: Cleanup and remove junk
Phase 3: Provide a search service for MDN Content

After these phases are complete then we will start rewriting the relevant sections and pages as proper up to date Pale Moon and Unified XUL Platform. This should have been started years ago but well.. Stuff.

For now there isn't anything for anyone to do but soon-ish there will be including testing. To be clear I am not intending on creating distorted perceptions of former Mozilla resources that pretend to look, feel, and act as their original incarnations as SOME like to do but create a stepping stone to our own updated resources.

Feel free to pose your questions and reflections here!
dpmo-mdn.png

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: [DPMO] MDN Content Import Discussion

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2021-08-31, 00:45

Wow! Thank you sir. Mad respect for tackling this large and important effort.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2021-08-31, 15:18

This is good. Thanks.

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2021-08-31, 17:25

Sounds most excellent. :D

Can I suggest/request that there is always some (background?) method of accessing the Mozilla versions of MDN documentation as well as what might be called 'PMDN' document versions that will reflect Pale Moon differences post-fork.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-01, 01:15

I am not planning to modify the MDN content just have it be accessible so that it can be piece by peace transferred to the main content.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2021-09-06, 23:12

Tobin: If there is some rote or grunt work with this I can offer to help out.