Is there a internet explorer 6 theme? Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

athoHalo

Is there a internet explorer 6 theme?

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-07-28, 21:54

I have been trying to find a IE6 theme but have not been able to find one. Is there anybody here that knows where to find one? If somebody can it would be greatly appreciated.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Is there a internet explorer 6 theme?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-29, 02:43

No. Create one!

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-07-29, 03:31

There's a guide for creating a complete theme at http://developer.palemoon.org/addons/themes/complete/. It might be outdated though, considering it was written in 2015, but it still should be useful.

If you're having trouble creating your own theme, you can ask Lootyhoof or FranklinDM. Both of them are very experienced in creating complete themes for Pale Moon.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2021-07-29, 05:13

Classic Base exists, which you can use as a template and replace the remaining icons to achieve an IE6 look.

athoHalo

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-07-29, 15:22

Thanks guys. I will try these things you recommended to me.

athoHalo

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-07-29, 20:05

I did it! It's not the best but it will do for now. : D
Attachments
thank.PNG

RealityRipple
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by RealityRipple » 2021-07-29, 20:17

If you want to complete the feel, you can use Palesomething to make it say "Internet Explorer" in the titlebar.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-29, 20:27

Well.. I HOPE this isn't running on real XP cause XP users tend to be banned especially when it is found out they been deceptive.

athoHalo

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-07-29, 20:58

New Tobin Paradigm this is a virtual machine. My main machine is windows 10. Does that still count?

ramada1440

Unread post by ramada1440 » 2021-08-01, 10:42

Great theme athoHalo! I've been using an ie5 theme for some time but have always wanted the ie6... is there any chance you could upload your theme somewhere?

athoHalo

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-08-06, 21:36

ramada1440 wrote:
2021-08-01, 10:42
Great theme athoHalo! I've been using an ie5 theme for some time but have always wanted the ie6... is there any chance you could upload your theme somewhere?
Yes I will. I am still not done. I can't figure out how to get the original scroll bars. But when I do, I will upload it.

athoHalo

where is the scrollbar

Unread post by athoHalo » 2021-08-09, 17:30

Why when I try to change the scrollbar on the side of the page it gets rid of it. How do I get the default scrollbar?

netscape
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: where is the scrollbar

Unread post by netscape » 2021-08-12, 16:30

athoHalo wrote:
2021-08-09, 17:30
Why when I try to change the scrollbar on the side of the page it gets rid of it. How do I get the default scrollbar?
Tell me about it! I have managed to get other programs in line, but not PM.

Getting rid of automatically vanishing scroll bars is a problem, as well as dotted lines to indicate something can move, and then animations when at the end.

Other GTK programs I have are working, but PM seems not to honour one of the many things that should control the scroll bars. This lot is a mess, and I also have, for some reason (trial and error, basically) css stuff in ~/.gtkrc-2.0, as well as directives to try and not have these trajic fashion-driven changes. Also, GTK2 stuff is controlled by files in ~/.config/gtk-2.0.

Code: Select all

$ grep SCROLL /etc/profile
export GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0

Code: Select all

$ cat .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
/* Remove dotted lines from GTK 3 applications */
undershoot.top, undershoot.right, undershoot.bottom, undershoot.left { background-image: none; }
.undershoot.top, .undershoot.right, .undershoot.bottom, .undershoot.left { background-image: none; }

/* shitty flashy shit */
/*.overshoot { background: transparent; border:none; } */
.overshoot.top, .overshoot.bottom, .overshoot.left, .overshoot.right { background: none; background-image: none; }
overshoot.top, overshoot.bottom, overshoot.left, overshoot.right { background: none; background-image: none; }

*{
-GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: 1;
-GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: 1;
-GtkRange-slider-width: 13;
-GtkRange-stepper-size: 13;
border-radius: 0;
}

/* Adding the buttons on the edges (if you don't need them, skip the next 4 lines)
 */

.scrollbar {
  -GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: 1;
  -GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: 1;
}
All I am after is scrollbars that are always there if needed. Arrows at the ends, as has been the visual cue on GUIs since my Amiga. 13 pixels wide. It would be nice if click behaviour as was it was in the past, not this middle-click to scroll along, which in all other toolkits is jump to place clicked.
Join my webring to push for the return of <marquee>

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-08-12, 16:31

Go away.

netscape
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: where is the scrollbar

Unread post by netscape » 2021-08-12, 17:11

netscape wrote:
2021-08-12, 16:30
athoHalo wrote:
2021-08-09, 17:30
Tell me about it! I have managed to get other programs in line, but not PM.
All I am after is scrollbars that are always there if needed. Arrows at the ends, as has been the visual cue on GUIs since my Amiga. 13 pixels wide. It would be nice if click behaviour as was it was in the past, not this middle-click to scroll along, which in all other toolkits is jump to place clicked.
As requested by NTP here is a screenshot. Mousepad is GTK3 and behaves, as does Thunar, but the two were pains to get reigned in. The terrible dconf editor even, but not PM. I have added a thing to put normal window decorations on GTK3 windows, too, which is why dconf editor looks soort of correct.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-08-12_18-05-15.png
Join my webring to push for the return of <marquee>