Taming toolbar icons

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

matejdro

Taming toolbar icons

Unread post by matejdro » 2014-01-23, 23:25

Is there addon that will tame toolbar icons and force them to respect my customization settings?

For example PushBullet icon, can't be moved from toolbar to statusbar (drag and drop simply does nothing) and Dolphin Connect icon will re-add itself every time I restart browser.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Taming toolbar icons

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-24, 08:05

This kind of customization is completely up to the developers of the add-ons in question.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

matejdro

Unread post by matejdro » 2014-01-24, 19:32

I understand that, but is there a way to override this behavior?

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-01-24, 19:48

Yes. You just need to write the addon developer a message to correct this.

matejdro

Unread post by matejdro » 2014-01-24, 19:58

I already did that, thanks but it will take time so I thought if there is another solution.

On related note: what will happen when FF goes Australis? Addon bar will be gone, so no addon will officially support it. Since pale moon will thankfully keep it, how will this be solved?

Thanks for your answers.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-01-24, 23:27

matejdro wrote:I already did that, thanks but it will take time so I thought if there is another solution.
Nope, you'll just have to be patient. A bit of virtue ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

26F36DD

Unread post by 26F36DD » 2014-01-25, 03:45

If they were sloppy once the odds of them fixing it aren't good.

matejdro

Unread post by matejdro » 2014-02-01, 13:34

On related note: what will happen when FF goes Australis? Addon bar will be gone, so no addon will officially support it. Since pale moon will thankfully keep it, how will this be solved?
Bump.

Or is this not decided yet?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-01, 13:38

You can expect add-ons specifically written for Australis to cater to putting icons in the main navigation bar.
The status bar area should still be a viable alternative since it's a "customization target".