Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1 for LINUX

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
hjgode

Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1 for LINUX

Unread post by hjgode » 2021-04-28, 07:16

Hi

the archive.palemoon.org site does only list windows executables for 29.1.1. Where can I download the Linux tgz files for 29.1.1?

Thanks

Josef

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Where do I download Pale Moon 29.1.1 for LINUX

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-28, 09:25

I'm uploading the tarballs for 29.1.1-linux (gtk2 and gtk3) as I write this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-28, 09:51

Hope you have a backed up profile.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-28, 10:19

hjgode wrote:
2021-04-28, 07:16
Where can I download the Linux tgz files for 29.1.1?

Thanks

Josef
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-28, 09:51
Hope you have a backed up profile.
@Josef - STRONG REMINDER in case you missed this. Close Pale Moon and make a backup of your profile directory located at ~/.moonchild productions/palemoon/ BEFORE you upgrade in case you want to go back to the previous version when you find your older FF extensions disabled.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

hjgode

Unread post by hjgode » 2021-04-28, 18:10

Hello

thanks to moonchild. I was able to download the GTK3 Linux tarbal. My profile folder did not create any problem so far. I renamed the existing /opt/palemoon to /opt/palemoon_29.2.0 and then just unpacked the tarbal into a new /opt/palemoon directory. Then just started Palemoon and declined the update to 29.2.0 question. All my extensions are still there and even the sessions (session manager).

Thank you

Josef

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-28, 19:02

Of course you should not stop here. While this round there have not been critical security issues they will be inevitable as time goes on.
What you should do now is get those extensions that are critical for your use to be natively Pale Moon compatible and maintained for the future. Of course this rush now could have been avoided if people had not wholly ignored our developments (and done this forking in any of the 5 years that have passed...) but it seems complacency always wins no matter how clear and often people announce change that is to come.

Please take the next step(s) and get your necessary extensions replaced or updated for a safe and secure future.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite