Palemoon for Mac OS X forum archive and locked

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
awalp

Palemoon for Mac OS X forum archive and locked

Unread post by awalp » 2021-04-19, 06:40

I hoping unless I missed it, there is still a Palemoon for Mac OS forum section that one can post in.

I see the announcement that was made on March 10th.
-- I saw the huge commit: code deletion of all Darwin support from the codebase.

Palemoon 29.1.0 runs on Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, Perfectly.
-- It is. my main browser on Linux, Mac OS 10.10,10.14,10.15,Windows 7,Windows 10.
-- I haven't tried to run it on Big Sur.

I do not understand why when it was running just fine version 29.1.0, to completely remove support for Intel-based Mac OS.
Palemoon has often about supporting older platforms, and if Mac OS goes arm completely, this is when we'll need it the most!

Hoping you'll reconsider pulling Mac support, and continuing supporting Intel-based Mac OS.
-- Just because Apple -> ARM, is no reason to drop support.
That'll just be another barrier from any future development (whether someone arm interest adds code or not ).

--------------------

Until that time can you re-open or designate a place for members to discuss Intel Mac OS support.
-- I don't post often, but I have posted builds in the past.

--------------------

I actually haven't built from source in a couple years, wasted hours (couldn't even get it to configure).
-- until I found that announcement.

Then... As of now,

still compiling...
I followed the mac build instructions (again)....
... checked out the latest release from git (29.1.1)
... except I opened the commit w/ the removal and manually added it back to the source locally.

Its been building for.... wait....

Code: Select all

18:13.02 Overall system resources - Wall time: 1092s; CPU: 0%; Read bytes: 0; Write bytes: 0; Read time: 0; Write time: 0
18:13.10 Notification center failed: Install terminal-notifier to get a notification when the build finishes.
18:13.10 We know it took a while, but your build finally finished successfully!
To view resource usage of the build, run |mach resource-usage|.
To take your build for a test drive, run: |mach run|

Checking for un-preprocessed files... Done!
I'll have to close this Palemoon to see if the one I just built, 29.1.1 on Mac OS Intel, will run.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon for Mac OS X forum archive and locked

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-19, 11:10

Discontinuation of Mac has been clearly announced and explained. Please check announcements and discussions on this forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-19, 11:13

tl;dr Because people like you didn't step up to help us when it was needed most and those that did were never serious about it. We have had enough of the Macintosh community of unreliable low IQ people who can't even write the proper name of the software they are using.

For some five years we have been lied to, jerked around, sabotaged, and betrayed by your Mac-loving brethren. It is enough. Go find Wicknix or Nuke and deal with them for however long they can keep using hurt feelings to continue working on piss poor pseudo-forks.

Good day, sir.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-04-19, 14:11

awalp wrote:
2021-04-19, 06:40
a place ... to discuss Intel Mac OS support
Please read this thread: White Star 29.1.1.

The maintainer of the former Mac build has independently released a rebranded build for the Mac (it's no longer Pale Moon), from his own website where there is also a support forum.

grasor

Unread post by grasor » 2021-04-20, 19:40

Moonchild and Tobin,

This is not a mis-posting. Try to load the site https://www.apple.com/

Result: epic fail!

I posted this here because both of you seem to have an Apple marginalization complex, and whine loudly when others offer their support to projects from which they will never make a penny, or receive kudos from others in the very broad community colloquially know as EOE (Everyone On Earth).

Today is April 20, 2021. Pale Moon for Windows, version as follows: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.8 Firefox/68.0 PaleMoon/29.1.1

Pale Moon will not render anything other than the header graphics on Apple's home page.

Is this retribution from Apple against Pale Moon users, or is this just poor quality in the management of your project?

Maybe a lack of proper testing as suggested by Tobin to Brian in an earlier post?

No, that can't be. This is the Windows 10 version. It opens a mostly blank window, with no HTML 5 renderings.

If you want to see the Apple home page, try Google Chrome, or Firefox, or even Edge. They all render it flawlessly.

I am sure that Apple did not place any code in their homer page that would cause Pale Moon to have such an epic fail...

Please advise.

In memory of Brian, who almost single handedly created a working port for macOS.

And further in memory of your team, who sat by idle while you rudely made unsubstantiated ad-hominem attacks of Brian and other who dared to contravene your faux wisdom.

:D

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-20, 19:49

Are you really that retarded? One: apple's site is likely using some js abomination or webcomponents or something. I'd have to check.

TWO: Nuke did not almost or otherwise single handedly create a "port". He was just the last in a long line of failed mac builders that did a few things and then found a reason to block their own participation and escape their prior commitments.

I sure like how your post PERFECTLY illistrates exactly what I said. Indeed, you couldn't produce even a half-witted opinion based on theortical facts let alone something that could be mistaken for the reality of the situation.

I think you are just about done here. 0 out of 5 stars. F--
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2021-04-20, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-20, 19:58

grasor wrote:
2021-04-20, 19:40
And further in memory of your team, who sat by idle while you rudely made unsubstantiated ad-hominem attacks of Brian and other who dared to contravene your faux wisdom
I will not stand by idly while you go all out insulting me personally.
Try this one on for an "unsubstantiated ad-hominem attack":
Goodbye.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-20, 20:02

For the record:

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 4/20/2021 4:00:00 PM
Error: SyntaxError: An invalid or illegal string was specified
Source File: https://www.apple.com/v/home/hb/built/scripts/main.built.js
Line: 1

Timestamp: 4/20/2021 4:00:00 PM
Warning: Media resource data:video/mp4;base64,[omitted] could not be decoded.
Source File: https://www.apple.com/
Line: 0

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-20, 20:10

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-04-20, 20:02
An invalid or illegal string was specified
That's a DOM SyntaxError, meaning a completely invalid (DOM) selector or token was specified. Of course in good modern fashion the js is obfuscated and minified so there's no indication what exactly they are trying to do that works in webkit and blink.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2021-04-20, 21:12

I do not know where else to post this message, so I am doing it here. I can get no reply from dbsoft.org.
There is something wrong with the email output at dbsoft.org. If I try to post a message, I am told that I have not sent a valid email address, yet my email address is entered in my user profile. I have not gotten my email activation message. Trying to get the activation message is not working. I am told that it has been sent, yet it never arrives.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-20, 21:22

Well posting here is not it. Just because Nuke is an incompetent doesn't mean this forum is in any way applicable to his users.

dbsoft
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by dbsoft » 2021-04-20, 22:27

Not sure why your activation mail isn't going through, I got mine and other people have clearly gotten theirs, but I manually activated your account... feel free to post on my forum now. Thanks