Mageia Pale Moon repository

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tarakbumba

Mageia Pale Moon repository

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-04-08, 12:44

Hello everyone. I want to announce my Pale Moon packages repository for Mageia GNU/Linux. It's created as an OpenSuse Build Service project and I use official Pale Moon branding per discussion with Pale Moon devs. These packages are provided as i586 and x86_64 architectures. To install and use Pale Moon your cpu should support "sse2" instruction set. This will be checked by rpm package at install time. You can write your issues and opinions about these packages under this topic. Please do not ask for applying any patches or language packs/extensions/themes rpm packages which violate official branding rules.

To install Pale Moon rpm packages from my OBS project you should have "dnf" package manager installed on your system. You can install dnf (if not installed already) by issuing following command on a terminal, as root:

Code: Select all

urpmi dnf 
You can add this repository to your dnf repository and install Pale Moon directly to your Mageia system:

For Mageia Cauldron run the following as root:

dnf config-manager --add-repo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:tarakbumba:palemoon/Mageia_Cauldron/home:tarakbumba:palemoon.repo
dnf install palemoon

For Mageia 8 run the following as root:

dnf config-manager --add-repo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:tarakbumba:palemoon/Mageia_8/home:tarakbumba:palemoon.repo
dnf install palemoon
For Mageia 7 run the following as root:

dnf config-manager --add-repo https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:tarakbumba:palemoon/Mageia_7/home:tarakbumba:palemoon.repo
dnf install palemoon

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Mageia Pale Moon repository

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-08, 12:59

Fun times.

stevenpusser
Project Contributor
Project Contributor

Unread post by stevenpusser » 2021-04-08, 19:11

We should all thank the openSUSE people again for providing the OBS freely to all. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-04-08, 20:39

stevepusser wrote:
2021-04-08, 19:11
We should all thank the openSUSE people again for providing the OBS freely to all. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I think exactly same. They deserve our thanks and blessings I think.

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-04-11, 11:10

Nice, another distro with it's own package. Is there anywhere to check what toolchain is used during builds and all the other build details?

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-04-11, 12:41

micwoj92 wrote:
2021-04-11, 11:10
Nice, another distro with it's own package. Is there anywhere to check what toolchain is used during builds and all the other build details?
Yes, you can check directly OBS project page linked in first post. Examine rpm specfile (namely palemoon.spec) for build instructions used in package and also you can look at build logs by clicking on desired packages "Build Results" at that page.

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-04-28, 23:41

Pale Moon is updated to 29.20 version for both Mageia 7 and Mageia 8. Unfortunately Cauldron packages can't be built due to some weird Cauldron issues. Eh, it's cauldron and always boiling, right? Whenever Cauldron packages are ready I'll update this topic.

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-06-15, 20:24

Pale Moon package is updated to latest 29.2.1 version for both Mageia 7 and Mageia 8. Since I still can't able to find a way to build Pale Moon with gcc 11, Cauldron builds failed. So, no Cauldron packages for now, sorry

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-06-16, 11:18

Isn't it possible to install different versions of GCC on that system?

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-06-19, 21:34

micwoj92 wrote:
2021-06-16, 11:18
Isn't it possible to install different versions of GCC on that system?
Unfortunately not at the moment. It can be done but requires more effort than I can spare.

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-07-22, 11:28

Pale Moon 29.3.0 version packages for Mageia GNU/Linux distribution is available at OpenSuse Build Service repository, see first post of this topic. Thanks to Pale Moon development team for their efforts. Enjoy.

tarakbumba

Unread post by tarakbumba » 2021-11-03, 17:58

I'm very sad and sorry for writing this but as you may noticed I wasn't active in this forum and my Mageia GNU Linux Pale Moon packaging project. Past few months, I had to move another city to work in a new job, separated from my wife and child for this; build up a whole new life. Thus, I had to stuck with a Windows machine and have almost no time to work on packaging and extension maintaining. So, if any one intersted please fork my work from either OpenSuse Build Project or Github. It was a fun and learning experience working on Pale Moon packaging and extension forking. Thanks to Moonchild and New Tobin Paradigm for their support.