Palemoon tabgroups + userchrome

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

link68759

Palemoon tabgroups + userchrome

Unread post by link68759 » 2013-12-18, 06:27

I just noticed that userstyles such as http://userstyles.org/styles/52444/fire ... etro-glass aren't affecting panorama since it has been removed and made into an addon.

How do I fix this?

thanks

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Palemoon tabgroups + userchrome

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-12-19, 18:10

@linl68759: Although I don't use Panorama myself your question intrigued me. :) I think your Firefox Panorama Sharper Metro Glass script will work correctly if you delete/remove the first two "Namespace" lines of the script. Alternatively just "edit out" the first two lines of the CSS script by adding /* in front and */ behind the unwanted section (just as is in the /*Hide these:*/ title line below) as follows:

Code: Select all

/* @-moz-document url("chrome://browser/content/tabview.html")
{ */
/*Hide these:*/
.appTabTrayContainer {display:none !important}
etc
etc
etc
I can see the "transparent glass" effect is restored to Panorama but as a non-user I will leave it to you to see if the other CSS alterations are also correct?

My knowledge of CSS and Namespace conventions are not sufficient to explain this but hopefully someone else can? This discussion about Namespaces on the userstyles.org forum was what gave me the clue to try deleting the Namespace lines: http://forum.userstyles.org/discussion/ ... espaces/p1

link68759

Unread post by link68759 » 2013-12-19, 20:27

Thanks!

I know nothing about css or userchrome, but I did extract moonchild's tabgroups extensions and there was a directory with /content/tabview.html in it, so I figured that it was correct. But maybe there's a more elegant solution than just removing the line entirely? I get the feeling that this code might pop up somewhere unexpected if not restricted.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-12-19, 20:58

You should change the namespace to

@-moz-document url("chrome://tabgroups/content/tabview.html")
Since the context is no longer chrome://browser but chrome://tabgroups instead for the add-on.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

link68759

Unread post by link68759 » 2013-12-20, 02:06

Thanks!

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-12-20, 12:01

NOTE! It seems that since last night all the links in the posts above are being redirected to an Ad Site "Bitmonica.com" (some sort of Ponzi Scheme?). It looks like the whole of the Stylish website "userstyles.org" has been hacked and all userstyles.org links are currently being hijacked. How dull. :evil:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-12-20, 13:59

I'd say userstyles.org got hacked. Give it a few days.

Someone injected the following code in the userstyles.org web pages:

<script type="text/javascript">
window.location.href = 'https://bitmonica.com/?Ref=daemond';
</script>
Simple hack, simple solution. The site admins just need to get with the program.

EDIT: Digging a little deeper, I found the people responsible for the VPS used by this HYIP scam and suspect it will vanish soon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite