Cannot view inline images at Do-it-yourself-com or probably even upload them.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
sindi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Cannot view inline images at Do-it-yourself-com or probably even upload them.

Unread post by sindi » 2021-01-24, 22:55

When I try to upload an image from my computer or my website it appears to stall at 90%. I don't know if it actually uploaded. A moderator offered to post my image if I mailed it.

Today I viewed the jpg with Firefox 45.9 ESR but could not see it with Pale Moon 28.16. https://www.doityourself.com/forum/wate ... imers.html

The site can be used without signing in. I did not test with Windows or any other browsers. I do not have PM 28.17 because my Precise Puppy OS is based on Ubuntu 12. This old laptop will not retain changes made in Bionic Puppy (Ubuntu-18 based) or Tahr Puppy (Ubuntu-14 based).

sindi
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Cannot view inline images at Do-it-yourself-com or probably even upload them.

Unread post by sindi » 2021-01-24, 23:37

The problem was fixed in 28.17! Many thanks. I am hoping for a 32-bit PM 28.17 usable with Ubuntu 12.. Several of our older laptops will not work with newer versions of Puppy Linux than Precise Puppy which uses Ubuntu 12 packages. I finally found one that did but required soldering the power jack (over 50 screws, 10 or so cables...).