Flash Died, So I Installed Supernova, But...

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Flash Died, So I Installed Supernova, But...

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2021-01-12, 09:48

I can't get it to do anything. It says it downloaded and that it is compatible with any browser, but after downloading it, and refreshing the game page I'm on, I still get the "f" and "i" thing from Flash. So how do I get Supernova to work instead of getting the "f" and "i" thing?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Flash Died, So I Installed Supernova, But...

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-01-12, 11:54

Install an older version on Flash.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-12, 11:57

What on earth is supernova.?..i have never heard of it..sounds like it is from outer space.I suggest using either ruffle which is on the internet archive or an older version of flash.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-01-12, 11:57

The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-01-12, 11:59

Ignore Moonraker he doesn't know anything. Just our resident counter user. He counters everything others say for no real reason except to agitate. It is his only tangible contribution and accomplishment to date.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-12, 12:08

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-01-12, 11:59
Ignore Moonraker he doesn't know anything. Just our resident counter user. He counters everything others say for no real reason except to agitate. It is his only tangible contribution and accomplishment to date.
Excuse me.
But ruffle is an established swf file player and i was making a viable suggestion..it is an alternative..so what would you recommend people do.?..
I know nothing.????...ok in some areas maybe but i do know that using an older version of flash is fine...even the latest version will have security holes so your reply makes no sense.

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-12, 15:11

Moonraker wrote:
2021-01-12, 12:08
ruffle is an established swf file player
I'm sorry but it's not even close to being complete; Not sure how you can call it "an established swf player". It doesn't even have proper coverage of actionscript 1 and 2, let alone their pitiful what 5% compliance for actionscript 3 which has been used by anything more advanced than a simple animation for years? :lol:
So it's not "viable" at all, certainly not in its current state.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2021-01-13, 12:22

So, can anybody help me get Supernova working on Pale Moon? Because that's the player that Kongregate will be using, and I'm trying to get it working here and on other browsers, but it's just not working. And please stop saying to just download an older version of Flash and it will work. No it doesn't. On top of it, there's no place I can find to download ANY version of Flash now. And the various versions I managed to find on my computer don't work either. So no, that doesn't work.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-13, 12:37

Satai Delenn wrote:
2021-01-13, 12:22
So, can anybody help me get Supernova working on Pale Moon? Because that's the player that Kongregate will be using, and I'm trying to get it working here and on other browsers, but it's just not working. And please stop saying to just download an older version of Flash and it will work. No it doesn't. On top of it, there's no place I can find to download ANY version of Flash now. And the various versions I managed to find on my computer don't work either. So no, that doesn't work.
Incorrect.i have been using an older version of flash just fine in pale moon with no issues..kongregates player is embedded on their site if i recall so installing supernova will be futile...How many remaining flash sites support supernova.??.
https://archive.org/download/flashplaye ... s/archive/

plenty of flashplayers still available.

Pale moon 29.4.1

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2021-01-13, 18:50

Moonraker wrote:
2021-01-13, 12:37
Satai Delenn wrote:
Incorrect.i have been using an older version of flash just fine in pale moon with no issues..kongregates player is embedded on their site if i recall so installing supernova will be futile...How many remaining flash sites support supernova.??.

OK, so I downloaded the Flash 30 file thing. It took a while to download, so I went to bed. I just went to look at the downloaded file, and there's like, 3 Flash installer packages within the one file. Which one do I want, or does it not matter?

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-01-13, 19:07

Show what you have (filenames).
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-13, 19:46

Satai Delenn
Which operating system are you using.Just choose the file for your os and the correct architecture,32/64bit.The entire download was probably not needed as you can view the contents of the archive and download the correct file.

Pale moon 29.4.1

josedanielsteller

Unread post by josedanielsteller » 2021-01-13, 19:49

Satai Delenn wrote:
2021-01-13, 18:50
Moonraker wrote:
2021-01-13, 12:37
Satai Delenn wrote:

OK, so I downloaded the Flash 30 file thing. It took a while to download, so I went to bed. I just went to look at the downloaded file, and there's like, 3 Flash installer packages within the one file. Which one do I want, or does it not matter?
Do they say something like "x86" and "x64" or something like "NPAPI" and "PPAPI"??

Satai Delenn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Satai Delenn » 2021-01-14, 07:10

OK, so one says, "flashplayer30_0r0_113_win.msi" the second says, "flashplayer30_0r0_113_winax.msi" and the third says, "flashplayer30_0r0_113_winpep.msi" And they're all in the same folder, and they all say "Windows Installer Package" after each "flashplayer30yadayadayada" thing.

As to not needing to download the whole thing, I'm not sure how else I would have downloaded the folder. Look, I'm a 46 year old woman. I am NOT tech savvy, and I do NOT understand tech talk. And pretty much anything beyond, "Turn computer on; open browser; click on game and play," is tech talk to me. I grew up in the days of DOS and my typing teacher (Yes, TYPING) tried to teach my class computers because they were JUST coming into regular use to the public when I was in Jr. High. We had to load up a FLOPPY DISK and then follow instructions to create a turtle and make it walk in a square pattern. I could BARELY create the turtle, and NEVER could get the damn thing to walk in the square pattern. So when the first Windows computer came out and made everything easy for idiots like me, I was thrilled! So I get really frustrated, REALLY easily when something that WAS working suddenly is NOT working, and nothing I try to to make it work does anything. I am basically in tears at this point because of my frustration! All I want to do is be able to play the games at Kong I was playing before Adobe went and fucked everything up!

Also, as to Supernova being futile, tell that to Kong, because that's the player thingy THEY chose to use in place of Flash. And they can't get it working properly either!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-01-14, 08:34

I think what would help anyone would be for a page to be up that offers the latest installers that work (i.e. weren't sabotaged by Adobe); not as an archive, and with a description what is what. Since these could be freely redistributed before and they are freely available on the web archive, I don't particularly see the problem with doing that although it -is- of course possible that you get a notice from Adobe asking you to take them down if they want to go that route, but IMO you should be able to ignore that if what you offer is unaltered and the same thing available from archive.org.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2021-01-14, 17:41

Don't know if this would be of interest to anyone, but thought I could at least make the offer; I have, since the year 2000 (maybe earlier too) been archiving
on CD, many programs that I found useful such as Flash, as it happens the earliest one I found was a "Macromedia" flash vr5 (b4 adobe had it)
MacromediaFlash.jpg
So if anyone needs a certain older version that is unavailable in the wild I "might" have it.
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-01-14, 18:10

No. Stop now.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2021-01-14, 21:28

flashplayer30_0r0_113_win.msi is the one you need for PM.

flashplayer30_0r0_113_winax.msi is the Active X file for IE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Lins31

Unread post by Lins31 » 2021-01-23, 15:28

I cant get Supernova working either :(
and Im on Linux

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-01-23, 22:37

Lins31 wrote:
2021-01-23, 15:28
I cant get Supernova working either :(
and Im on Linux
Why o why are people insistent on using this supernova..?..Just launch the damn thing back into space and forget about it.
i have given clear and precise information on how to use flash effectively post end of life.The "KONG" player is all well and good for the kongregate site as their stuff is fully sitelocked.

There are viable ways and means of still using flash. :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1