LightShot not working in 24.2.1

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

DazzaRPD

LightShot not working in 24.2.1

Unread post by DazzaRPD » 2013-12-09, 09:17

To whom it may concern,

LightShot has stopped working for some reason. It used to work in x64 PM, but now every time I open it, I get this:
Error: CTypes failed to load Lightshot. Try to reload browser. If you keep seeing this error after reloading, please contact support@skillbrains.com.

Additional information for developer: couldn't open library C:\Users\DazzaRPD\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\l9us9zqy.default\extensions\{394DCBA4-1F92-4f8e-8EC9-8D2CB90CB69B}\components\ScreenshotDll.dll ### libMakeScreenshot is not a function
Not sure if this is a LightShot problem or a Pale Moon problem, so have messaged you both. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a brand new x64 computer

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: LightShot not working in 24.2.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-12-09, 12:38

Loading a dll requires the dll to be the same architecture as the calling program. If they previous didn't use a binary component, it may have worked - currently, it seems they do use a binary component and as such it will not work unless the developer releases a 64-bit version of the extension.

I don't exactly see why making a screenshot would require a dll to begin with, though, so it seems the developers are going about it the wrong way.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2013-12-09, 14:22

Works fine for me. I don't use it normally as it conflicts with FastStone Capture.

Have you installed any other program that may conflict?

DazzaRPD

Unread post by DazzaRPD » 2013-12-10, 08:43

Rohugh wrote:Works fine for me. I don't use it normally as it conflicts with FastStone Capture.

Have you installed any other program that may conflict?
I don't think so, possibly CyberLink Media Suite (which I don't really want but it came bundled with the firmware of my CD Drive)

Currently installed Programs

Adobe AIR 3.9
Flash Plugin 11.9
Java 7u45
LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Pale Moon 24.2.1
Internet Explorer 11
Skype 6.11
Thunderbird 24.1
Avast 9
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
MusicBee
NetWorx
PDF XChange Viewer (x64)
CCleaner
Speccy
LightShot for Windows

and CyberLink Media Suite which includes
CyberLink LabelPrint
CyberLink YouCam
CyberLink Power2Go
CyberLink PowerBackup

I can use LightShot with the program, no problem. I would just prefer it if I could push the extension button in my browser...