[Solved PM-28.16.0] drag & drop folder

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
biopsin
Fanatic
Fanatic

[Solved PM-28.16.0] drag & drop folder

Unread post by biopsin » 2020-11-27, 11:52

Hi all,
I've encountered a issue and I don't know if it's my build or something else.
I don't expect any support as the build is somewhat of spec, but a confirmation that it works fine or not.

In the previous version of Pale Moon the drag and drop from filemanager (spacefm) was working fine,
and I had no problems uploading folders or draging a folder with files into Github -> Add files -> upload files

Today it's not working and it's not a Github issue and yes I'm using Github polyfills ext. too.
I've tested on a other cloud service too and while it uploads the folder structure all files are NULL, or the folder itself is NULL

Draging a single file or multiselected files works fine all over.

I have also tested with the bzipped tarball and can confirm it happens on it too, at least on my system..
A regression maybe?
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by biopsin on 2020-11-27, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
voidlinux_x64 glibc-2.78 / selfcompiled latest Palemoon (gcc-13.2.0) / GTK2

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [issue PM-28.16.0] drag & drop folder

Unread post by therube » 2020-11-27, 16:33

Does this apply?

"The DOM Filesystem and dir picker APIs are, in practice, not used on websites. We've disabled these web-exposed APIs because they are not entirely without potential risk, and intend to remove them in a future version unless there is a demonstrable need to keep them as optional (unsupported) APIs in the platform."
http://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

biopsin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: [Solved PM-28.16.0] drag & drop folder

Unread post by biopsin » 2020-11-27, 18:50

I see,
personaly I use this since I can't use other then the webinterface, and uploading folders goes quicker on some service..
But I will disable it after use, thank you :)
voidlinux_x64 glibc-2.78 / selfcompiled latest Palemoon (gcc-13.2.0) / GTK2