Problem at TitanTV Website

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
SG606

Problem at TitanTV Website

Unread post by SG606 » 2020-10-31, 01:41

A few days ago I started having a problem with titantv.com. In the TV listings when a program is clicked a popup box showing program details should appear. It no longer opens. The cursor changes but nothing appears when clicked. If I click on anything else but programs the link opens. Firefox doesn't render the text correctly but the popup works. As far as I know the problem is not from an update. I'm using PM 28.15.0 on Linux Mint 19.1. Is there anything in the config editor that can fix it?

https://www.titantv.com/Default.aspx?r=t

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Problem at TitanTV Website

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-31, 02:09

Not sure if I'm missing something but it seems to be working just fine here?
Attachments
Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2020-10-31, 04:31

When I first went to OPs link it never loaded any content at all, just a blank page and an error, so I looked at my Preferences/advanced/general to see if had
FF compatibility (yes) Then noticed a check box below it "Detect Restricted Network Access" (which was unchecked) I then checked it and reloaded and the
site worked fine and, with that popup box...It's something you might try.
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-10-31, 04:35

SG606 wrote:
2020-10-31, 01:41
when a program is clicked a popup box showing program details should appear
When using Native user agent mode (my usual), the program details didn't pop up here either.
But it works fine for me with Firefox Compatibility mode.
Perhaps you changed that setting?

To check (and fix) the setting, go to Preferences -> Advanced -> General tab, and under Compatibility / User Agent Mode, choose Firefox Compatibility from the pulldown menu.

(BTW, if you happen to have modified the browser's general user agent with some extension, uninstall the extension and reset any preferences or user agents that it may have set.)

SG606

Unread post by SG606 » 2020-10-31, 23:35

Thanks a bunch! The advice worked.