Gestures extension Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Титан

Gestures extension

Unread post by Титан » 2020-10-16, 15:38

Is there any extensions like SmartUp Gestures?

EMH_Mark_I
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Gestures extension

Unread post by EMH_Mark_I » 2020-10-16, 16:47

There are a few available from Pale Moon Extensions.

- microGesture
- microGesture Tab Edition
Devuan Ceres | XFCE4
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Giraffe » 2020-10-17, 13:38

Having tried a few I use caa:addon/mouse-gestures-suite as it does the same as was native in Opera 12 (the best browser for one-handed browsing, as an Opera Dev said!).
Now, it gives the green Install button but I was using it in the Unstable version and there was a warning so I used a mod. (don't know if this is 'approved' but it works - so far! ;) ):

<!-- Pale Moon -->
<targetApplication>
<r:Description>
<id>{8de7fcbb-c55c-4fbe-bfc5-fc555c87dbc4}</id>
<minVersion>28.0.0a1</minVersion>
<maxVersion>30.*</maxVersion>
</r:Description>
</targetApplication>

I've done 20 so far but some, notably R-click Dictionary extensions, I can't get to work. A little knowledge...!
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.

Титан

Unread post by Титан » 2020-10-17, 14:53

I know about MicroGestures, but it's too... micro. So few functions that's are non-configurable.
I found FireGestures from Classic Addons Archive is works, but "Add" button isn't working.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-17, 20:06

Do not do this.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2020-10-18, 07:35

У меня есть правленное, работающее расширение FireGestures для PM . Но выкладывать я его не буду, если хочешь, в личку скину. ибо уже однажды здесь выложил, но кто-то из местных внёс его в блоклист.xml чтоб не работало в PM , мол надо на гитхаб сначала... и вот это вот всё. яебал

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-18, 07:52

Off-topic:
@jars_:
Stop posting non-English responses outside of the foreign language boards, please. If you're going to reply, do so in the language used on the forum. Not doing so is at the very least rude, and quite inconsiderate to other visitors.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-18, 07:56

Off-topic:
I will never accept a language where three is a letter. How do you even pronounce a three?

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2020-10-18, 08:42

Off-topic:
This topic created by Титан and I know for sure, that Титан understands that language.
I answered in his topic, on a language that he understands. hiding my post. What a stupid claims...
New Tobin Paradigm з = z. zebra = зебра
very least rude, and quite inconsiderate to other visitors.
yes, where Tobin gives out mountains of rudeness and sarcasm in almost every message :D

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-18, 08:53

Off-topic:
Except, what I said was amusing. You're just being pissy because you got caught violating licenses and crapping out edited extensions.

Also, I know what a cyrillic з is. Don't particularly find it useful in my every day life but I do know of it. Still totally looks like a three though.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-18, 09:09

Off-topic:
jars_ wrote:
2020-10-18, 08:42
This topic created by Титан and I know for sure, that Титан understands that language.
So are you one of those people who will have private conversations in public just because you think others don't understand?

It doesn't matter that they understand the language, because you are still posting in a public thread on an English language board that is there for everyone's benefit. And it's clear the OP understand English just perfectly fine as well.
Unless of course you hoped *I* wouldn't be able to read it. Fail. 8-)
And no, posting about a rogue hacked version that violates the original FireGestures' author rights in Russian doesn't make it any better. We can't stress this enough: Follow the licensing of extensions. If you keep doing this then you are contributing to the very behaviour that promotes fully walled garden responses. None of us wants that.
So I'm guessing you worked around the blocklist entry some way, then? Good for you. Stop being such a bad example of hackery and actually contribute in more than a selfish glory way; is that too much to ask?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-10-18, 09:13

Off-topic:
зебра,has a 6 also..alpha numeric language..how thrilling .why would such a powerful and ever pervading god make things so confusing as to make us mere mortals speak in differing tongues. :wave:
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Титан

Unread post by Титан » 2020-10-18, 09:21

Moonraker wrote:
2020-10-18, 09:13
Off-topic:
зебра,has a 6 also..alpha numeric language..how thrilling .why would such a powerful and ever pervading god make things so confusing as to make us mere mortals speak in differing tongues. :wave:
Off-topic:
Well, "6" and "б" have as many differences as "I" and "1"

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-18, 09:24

Off-topic:
Six is the letter of the day!

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-10-18, 10:25

Off-topic:
I think the fault solely lies with cyril. :lol:

Pale moon 29.4.1

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2020-10-18, 11:01

Off-topic:
when you people learn to pronounce the letter R, stop to burr and lisp in pronunciation - that's when we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of languages.
In the meantime, there's nothing to talk about. Practice. :wave:
Yes, Moonchild I obey. You are not very right in my opinion, but who am I ...
(I didn’t hack anything, didn’t spoil anyone and didn’t sell anything. I just corrected one extension to work in PaleMoon and wanted to share.
Since there are no other gestures for the PM browser).

Well ok, I won't do that if you don't like it. I promise.
Because, I like your product - the browser. But I don't f*u*c*king like you, the creators of this product. Your double standards.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-18, 12:29

Hey you know what double standards would be? Me not treating your rogue extension that violates a license any different than we do any of the others. So don't fucking accuse me of holding double standards because I do anything but.

It's not that I don't like that you want to make an extension work on Pale Moon. Quite the opposite as is clear from my response to the many other who have put time into doing exactly that. It's that you're not doing it the way you should be doing it like everyone else here is doing, which means WITH RESPECT TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS.
just because you fixed it and it works for you doesn't mean you can also share it. When you want to share it you MUST adhere to the licenses involved, which you did not. If that license means you're not allowed to share edited versions then you MUST adhere to that and respect the author's wishes.

So, you think I am wrong asking for that? You hate me for that? :think:

(and in case you missed the intonation: yes I'm very well pissed off)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-10-18, 14:16

Off-topic:
Hey jars_ I have a gesture for you. I think you can figure out what it is.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-10-18, 14:59

Off-topic:
Moonraker wrote:
why would such a powerful and ever pervading god make things so confusing as to make us mere mortals speak in differing tongues. :wave:
Someone doesn't seem to remember the events regarding the Tower of Babel.

It was our own fault.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-10-18, 15:54

Tharthan wrote:
2020-10-18, 14:59
Off-topic:
Moonraker wrote:
why would such a powerful and ever pervading god make things so confusing as to make us mere mortals speak in differing tongues. :wave:
Someone doesn't seem to remember the events regarding the Tower of Babel.

It was our own fault.
Off-topic:
that depends on whether you believe in such tales.But even so why would a so called god confuse us with differing tongues.

Pale moon 29.4.1