[Pre-release] Phosphor

Anything about browser themes, both Full Themes and Lightweight Themes (personas) should go here.

Moderators: Lootyhoof, FranklinDM

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

[Pre-release] Phosphor

Post by FranklinDM » 2020-08-05, 09:53

Here's the first test version of the Phosphor (P1) theme, a dark theme variant of Milestone 10, designed to be similar in appearance with how things used to be in the days of monochrome monitors. Another variant featuring P3/Amber color scheme is planned in the future: stay tuned!

If you've found any issues (aside from those listed in this page), feel free to report them in this thread.

Download: https://github.com/FranklinDM/Phosphor/ ... g/v1.0.0a1

Screenshots:
Pale Moon
Interlink Mail & News
Ambassador
XUL Periodic Table

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: [Pre-release] Phosphor

Post by Moonchild » 2020-08-05, 10:57

If you -really- wanted to make it true to the name you should give most bolder text a slight font glow.
Also: Amber has always been my fav. (my first PC monitor was an amber one, so much nicer than those green ones)
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Moonraker » 2020-08-05, 16:33

Thanks for the theme franklin.im using it now..any other colurs etc on way.?.I quite like your themes,
Xenial puppy linux 32-bit.

Pale moon 29.0.0.

moonbat
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Post by moonbat » 2020-08-05, 16:45

Is it possible to have an animated GIF as the background image for a theme? Imagine something that simulates a CRT horizontal scan line to go with this :)
I had an Android theme for Nova Launcher that made it look like the Pip-boy from the Fallout series of games.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
Advanced URL Builder(fork)|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-05, 19:13

If you want it to leak massive amounts of memory and be slow as hell.. Yes. You can. BTW this is why Animated Personas are behind a pref however real themes have no such restriction in place.
How far are you prepared to go? How much are you prepared to risk? How many people are you prepared to sacrifice for victory?
Are you willing to die friendless, alone, deserted by everyone? Because that's what may be required of you in the war that is to come.