The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
New Tobin Paradigm

Re: The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-07-30, 18:43

HTML implies HTML Formatting.. To do what you want you simply have to read the plaintext version.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-08-01, 21:27

Trapper wrote:
2020-07-28, 16:11
TT DeepDark theme works for me.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22240&start=100#p182533
Played with this again and indeed it works really well. If only someone (author did not reply) could find a way to reverse the side-effect below (Mail Toolbar goes on top).

Interlink-TT DeepDark theme.png

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-01, 23:46

Check your tab bar check the Add-ons Manager check Switch Profile check anything I have altered. It will get worse on themes not directly targeting Interlink. I'll make sure of it.

You're not dealing with me as a Pale Moon contributor, you're dealing with me as the man who is telling you how it is and WILL counter you technologically if you persist. Do not think the blocklist is the only tool at my disposal and don't think that disabling it will save you. That being said, I would love if you could see if you can fork that theme or create a close clone, maintain, and submit it for the benefit of anyone.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-08-03, 11:22

Skipping the "dealing"/counter/fight/war paranoia, everything I managed to test seems to display fine with no issues. Switch Profile and the Safe Mode prompt seem unaffected by this theme (i.e. it is not activated) and the only problem I could find is the one I reported. I've already said the author did not reply to my request. Perhaps someone else could try again contacting him.

It's interesting that despite having said yourself (a major Pale Moon contributor, Interlink creator and everything else) that you are unable to help with Themes ("not a Theme guy", if I recall correctly) you still expect from users with zero experience to "fork that theme or create a close clone, maintain, and submit it for the benefit of anyone."

Not going to happen from me, hopefully someone else might be able to do it. I'm also puzzled that you are so adamant at blocking a working theme (and potentially helpful to many users). Yes, I understand that targeting Interlink is much more preferable, but currently this is what we have. I'd much prefer a " hacked" but working (and compatible) dark theme than no theme at all. I suspect most users would agree.

If it breaks Interlink then that's another story but currently, it does not. If the issue I reported (Mail Toolbar on top) is considered breakage, incompatibility and a cause of future troubles then just say so and please spare me the rest.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-03, 14:47

I like how you think this is a conversation. It isn't. There will be repercussions in using an incompatible theme. Either active or as a result of normal development progression. That I can assure you of.

You're dismissed, backtothemoon.

MGB1971
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by MGB1971 » 2020-08-03, 17:39

Has this thread been censored and if so by whom and why?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-03, 19:21

While users MUST adhere to global forum rules.. This board is Binary Outcast NOT Moonchild Productions or Pale Moon.. and I will not tolerate any blatant anti-Tobinist activities on here. How I manage my projects is my business and every core Interlink user agreed to that back in 2018 when they paid for me to create it. They knew what they were getting into and I have kept my promises and even continued my project well after the mandatory year I was obligated to.

Regardless, Trapper's comments were Off-Topic and I deleted his post accordingly as that is how I run my board. If that is a problem, I can withdraw my board from the forum and make you have to use the IRC channel where I will simply exterminate you from said channel for getting out of line instead of having to take Pale Moon Forum Rules into consideration.

He is free to reiterate his opinion in the Off-Topic Board if he wants where I would be glad to counter him until he gives up.

MGB1971
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by MGB1971 » 2020-08-03, 20:06

Thank you for clarifying.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-03, 20:51

MGB1971 wrote:
2020-08-03, 20:06
Thank you for clarifying.
No problem!

racorbin2010

Unread post by racorbin2010 » 2020-08-05, 17:08

Just installed the latest Interlink Mail release. Looks very good. Is this the release that allows the Local Folders to be "moved" to the top of the Accounts Pane?

racorbin2010

Unread post by racorbin2010 » 2020-08-05, 17:36

Never mind! It is!!!! Just figured out how to do it. MANY THANKS!!!!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-05, 18:49

There are two preferences introduced in Interlink as of the last update. One preference mail.accountmanager.localfolderfirst ALWAYS has "Local Folders" as the first account regardless of anything. The other mail.accountmanager.accounts.ordered (based off an old Thunderbird bug they may or may not will resolve in the future as it has been debated for years) that makes the order of the accounts respect the order in the pref mail.accountmanager.accounts (ie not auto-sorted). Keep in mind that the pref is a comma separated list and DOES define all accounts the Account Manager knows about.

I figured both cases were important. But I do warn you.. I have NO IDEA how the Manually Sorted Folders extension would work or react to them since it doesn't know about these modifications. There could be a conflict so as a result so I would not recommend using that old extension anymore.

I did not include it in the release notes because a mishandled mail.accountmanager.accounts pref can make any omitted accounts mishandled and the list isn't using friendly names but internal acount3,account1,account2 etc. Of note internally, account1 is ALWAYS "Local Folders".

I wanted to let this requesting user to have the power he wants but didn't want to draw too much attention to it until either someone modifies the extension to just simply use the prefs and not the crazy hacks it has to accomplish stuff or until I recreated the ui from scratch. I can't integrate the UI and code it uses because it isn't license compatible.

racorbin2010

Unread post by racorbin2010 » 2020-08-06, 03:27

Mr. Tobin, EXTREMELY INTERESTING and again many thanks. I have kept the Manually Sort Folders extension for another feature: to open Interlink to a particular folder every time (of course, the Inbox of Local Folders). If there is a basic config option I have missed to achieve the same, that would be the end of the extension for me. I am not asking for anything more if it isn't there. I am very happy to be using Interlink email client exactly as it is.

Lebowsky
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Lebowsky » 2020-08-14, 10:39

I'd like to migrate my Interlink mail accounts and prefs to a new computer (where Interlink is not yet installed). Whats the most straightforward way to do it?

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-08-14, 10:48

1. Close Interlink.
2. Copy your C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Binary Outcast folder
3. Paste it in the same location on the new computer
4. Install Interlink on the new computer

About step 3, I don't know if using a different username might cause problems. Wait for other replies before attempting this. If you are using the same username, there should be no issues.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-08-14, 11:39

back2themoon wrote:
2020-08-14, 10:48
About step 3, I don't know if using a different username might cause problems. Wait for other replies before attempting this. If you are using the same username, there should be no issues.
It won't. Profile locations are stored relative to the immediate parent folder, so they aren't affected by the username.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-08-14, 13:25

Perhaps some extensions could be affected? Or do they not care about the username?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-08-14, 14:20

No - like other Mozilla style applications including Pale Moon, everything related to your profile is within its folder and nowhere else.
If you want to move your settings to another computer, or just take a backup - backing up the profile folder while the application is not running will suffice.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-08-14, 14:25

The thing is.. This is only PARTLY true. You also need to go in and refresh every account absolute location. MailNews core code predates arbitrary profile data moving will NOT do this automatically. See earlier posts about moving from FossaMail to Interlink.

See that bit here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22240&start=100#p179671

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-08-14, 14:33

Thanks, that's an important step to include then. :thumbup: