Getting URLs of open tabs Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
rv-2019

Getting URLs of open tabs

Unread post by rv-2019 » 2020-07-31, 11:17

So I am aware that Palemoon is based on legacy versions of Firefox, but I do not know which directory Palemoon works with especially for open tabs (when installed via an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS repository). I am aware that in Firefox, the user can rely on these to take URLs of open tabs:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/929686/ ... mmand-line

https://askubuntu.com/questions/887234/ ... redirect=1

I'm trying to find a similar way to do this in Palemoon.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Getting URLs of open tabs

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-07-31, 11:29

The method will be similar, but Pale Moon uses sessionstore.js in the profile directory to store the active session and not "recovery.js".
Also, take note that Pale Moon does not obsessively write to this file by default, and the update frequency by default is 60 seconds, so it's definitely not "real-time" or "almost real-time"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rv-2019

Unread post by rv-2019 » 2020-07-31, 11:38

I'm sorry to be asking so many questions, but where can the Palemoon and its profile directory be found in a typical binary installation from a repository for Debian or Ubuntu?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-07-31, 11:56

I wouldn't know off-hand since I don't use those distros myself, but you can find out the current profile's location from Help -> Troubleshooting Information
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-07-31, 12:01

The profiles should be under
~/moonchild\ productions/pale\ moon/
somewhere. Normal packages will split the program files into linux-y installation locations for bin libs etc.. But if it is a "repack" it could be all together or split and could be anywhere.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-07-31, 14:23

~/.moonchild\ productions/pale\ moon
It's a hidden directory.
And YMMV but on Mint, if you install via repository, the main application goes under /usr/lib/palemoon.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX