Adblock Prime "disable on [site] only"

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Adblock Prime "disable on [site] only"

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-05-23, 02:25

This doesn't seem to work properly, at least with my settings. I wanted to disable Adblock Prime on DuckDuckGo, so that Moonchild could receive whatever amount of money ads get because of that deal, but the ads don't show up unless I set it to "disable everywhere".

if I set it to "disable everywhere" the ads show up fine (everywhere, of course).

Could my having third-party cookies disabled play some role in this?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Adblock Prime "disable on [site] only"

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-05-23, 03:35

Tharthan wrote:
2020-05-23, 02:25
Could my having third-party cookies disabled play some role in this?
No.

Do you search off a bookmark (or plugin) with customized settings?
If so, you might check your DDG advertisement settings.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-05-23, 22:07

coffeebreak wrote:
2020-05-23, 03:35
If so, you might check your DDG advertisement settings.
It is set to allow advertisements. Incidentally, this issue impacts other sites as well (there are other sites that I have set to be "whitelisted").

Are there other Pale Moon add-ons that could get in the way? How about the Cookie Permissions Button, or the Cookie Control Panel?

Is there something in the filter preferences of Adblock Prime that could be causing an issue?

In the filter subscriptions tab, I have "EasyList" enabled and nothing else.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-05-24, 00:15

First, FTR, I don't use ABPrime, but I did install it yesterday to test on duckduckgo.com, and ads showed up just fine when the domain was whitelisted.

Tharthan wrote:
2020-05-23, 22:07
Are there other Pale Moon add-ons that could get in the way?
You can troubleshoot this for yourself by disabling all add-ons except the adblocker.
If the issue clears up, re-enable them one by one to find the culprit.
Tharthan wrote:
Is there something in the filter preferences of Adblock Prime that could be causing an issue?
Do you mean something in about:config? Looking at the very few prefs there, I doubt it.

Or were you thinking of some personal custom filters you added manually?

If you have those, you can troubleshoot by unticking the box next to the custom filter group(s), or else just disable the individual filters that relate to domains where you have a problem. Again, to see if the issue clears up.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2020-05-24, 02:05

I'll try that out tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-05-24, 03:53

coffeebreak wrote:
2020-05-24, 00:15
I did install it yesterday to test on duckduckgo.com, and ads showed up just fine when the domain was whitelisted.
Tharthan wrote:
It is set to allow advertisements. Incidentally, this issue impacts other sites as well
Actually... I just compared ABPrime with uBO and Adblock Latitude on duckduckgo when whitelisted, and realized that while whitelisting did display alot of content not previously shown with ABPrime, the ads at the very top did not display.
(They displayed with uBO and ABL.)

Then I did the same with ghacks.net, with similar result.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-05-24, 12:01

ABPrime has a couple of issues and is in need of a refresh. I plan to try to convert current day ABL back to overlay. Of course, two things need to happen first. Phoebus 3.0 aka Phoebus Ascendant.. and Borealis Navigator.

BTW, someone move this to the BinOC Projects board.