'pre' element not rendered (may be problem with 'wiki' class) Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
markfilipak

'pre' element not rendered (may be problem with 'wiki' class)

Unread post by markfilipak » 2020-04-04, 22:27

Re: Firefox 74.0
Re: Pale Moon 28.9.0.2
Re: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/8590#comment:32

Note the difference when rendering/(not rendering) the 'pre' element at the bottom of comment-32.

Code: Select all

and with underline chars when needed to keep timing relationships. For example:<br />
</p>
<pre class="wiki">[A/a__________][B/b__________][C/c__________][D/d__________]
[A/a_______][B/b_______][B/c_______][C/d_______][D/d_______]
[1/-_][-/2_][3/-_][-/4_][5/-_][-/6_][7/-_][-/8_][9/-_][-/0_]
</pre><p>
(Of course, this only works for monospaced fonts.)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: 'pre' element not rendered (may be problem with 'wiki' class)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-04, 22:48

Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

markfilipak

Unread post by markfilipak » 2020-04-04, 23:16

Moonchild wrote:
2020-04-04, 22:48
Image1.png
Image2.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-05, 00:10

Yeah so what is your setting for monospaced fonts? are you actually USING a monospaced font for monospaced fonts?

And your topic title suggests that it "does not render at all"... which isn't true.

I'm sorry but you'll have to be a lot clearer as to what your perceived problem is.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

markfilipak

Unread post by markfilipak » 2020-04-05, 00:22

Moonchild wrote:
2020-04-05, 00:10
Yeah so what is your setting for monospaced fonts? are you actually USING a monospaced font for monospaced fonts?
I'm using whatever PM uses.
Image3.png
And your topic title suggests that it "does not render at all"... which isn't true.
Not rendered as a 'pre' element, but I understand your complaint. I'll try harder next time.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-04-05, 00:29

markfilipak wrote:
2020-04-05, 00:22
...and PM is using whatever your system has set for the generic "monospace" name. Check your fontconfig or whatever your flavour of Linux uses?

By the way there's nothing wrong with the "wiki" class since it doesn't define any fonts.

markfilipak

Unread post by markfilipak » 2020-04-05, 00:49

Moonchild wrote:
2020-04-05, 00:29
markfilipak wrote:
2020-04-05, 00:22
...and PM is using whatever your system has set for the generic "monospace" name. Check your fontconfig or whatever your flavour of Linux uses?
Image4.png
I switched PM to the same fonts that FF uses: DejaVu Sans. Problem solved. I'll investigate monospace further on my own. Thanks for the guidance. Putting noodles together sometimes does more than simply make noodle soup.
By the way there's nothing wrong with the "wiki" class since it doesn't define any fonts.
I know. I always use Inspector for stuff like this.

markfilipak

Unread post by markfilipak » 2020-04-05, 02:28

Thanks MC, sorry to have bothered you. The problem appears to be with the 'monospace' font itself -- who'd-a thought it?

Stay safe & healthy,
Mark.