can't login to Microsoft Teams

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
raphael75

can't login to Microsoft Teams

Unread post by raphael75 » 2020-02-05, 13:20

I have Palemoon Linux 28.8.0 64-bit on KDE Plasma with Debian 10.

I am able to login to office.com and access Word, Outlook, Excel, and most of the other items with no issues. When I try to login to Teams it hangs on the "hang" (screenshot) screen for at least 1 minute, then I get the error (screenshot) page. Clicking "Try Again" goes back to the hang screen and then I get the error screen again.

Teams used to work in Palemoon until about 2 months ago. I am able to access Teams in Chrome and FF.

I have tried restarting in Safe Mode and using a private window, and get the same results as above.

Is there any way I can login with Palemoon?
Attachments
hang.png
error.png

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: can't login to Microsoft Teams

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2020-02-05, 13:29

You're using an outdated version of Pale Moon, update now.
Then check the user agent you are using for MS Teams.
It doesn't work for me either but this can be also caused by settings/addons.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

raphael75

Unread post by raphael75 » 2020-02-05, 14:02

Good catch. I updated Palemoon to 28.8.2.1. I downloaded User Agent Switcher from the classic addons archive, and changed my user agent to
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36
However, I still am unable to login. I get the same behavior as before.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-02-05, 14:09

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 2/5/2020 9:08:37 AM
Warning: Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.

Warning: Content Security Policy: Couldn’t process unknown directive ‘prefetch-src’

Warning: Content Security Policy: Couldn’t parse invalid host 'report-sample'

Warning: Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src or style-src: nonce-source or hash-source specified

Offline cache update error, URL=https://teams.microsoft.com/skypespaces.web.appcache?tenantId=b13d5dc7-bcad-4f1e-9e73-31cfa9e5dd6f

Timestamp: 2/5/2020 9:08:41 AM
Error: Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at https://teams.microsoft.com/skypespaces.web.appcache?tenantId=b13d5dc7-bcad-4f1e-9e73-31cfa9e5dd6f (“default-src 'none'”).
It really seems they are expecting very specific features and behavior likely of a Chromium browser. You REALLY can't trust a browser maker's other products and services not to work outside of their browser. ESPECIALLY Microsoft be it Internet Explorer, Old Edge, or Chrome Edge. This, of course, was taken to heart by Google some time ago.

I know I don't give two shits about anything but a UXP Browser. Though, there is a good chance that if it works with Goanna it will work everywhere else. This is only true for THEM because EVERY OTHER FUCKING BROWSER ON THIS PLANET IS EITHER CHROME OR EMULATING CHROME. Including Microsoft's newest browser. I mean, they kinda tell you as much when they suggest using some "app" instead.

raphael75

Unread post by raphael75 » 2020-03-27, 18:48

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-02-05, 14:09
It really seems they are expecting very specific features and behavior likely of a Chromium browser. You REALLY can't trust a browser maker's other products and services not to work outside of their browser. ESPECIALLY Microsoft be it Internet Explorer, Old Edge, or Chrome Edge. This, of course, was taken to heart by Google some time ago.

I know I don't give two shits about anything but a UXP Browser. Though, there is a good chance that if it works with Goanna it will work everywhere else. This is only true for THEM because EVERY OTHER FUCKING BROWSER ON THIS PLANET IS EITHER CHROME OR EMULATING CHROME. Including Microsoft's newest browser. I mean, they kinda tell you as much when they suggest using some "app" instead.
I completely agree with you, I would never use Teams if I wasn't forced to for work. Unfortunately, my company requires it.

I've tried using User Agent Switcher to make it think I was using Firefox or Chrome, but it still won't load.

raphael75

Unread post by raphael75 » 2020-03-27, 18:53

Pentium4User wrote:
2020-02-05, 13:29
I am now on 28.9.0.2 (64-bit). I restarted in safe mode and still can't login to Teams. I can login to Outlook, so it's just some crap they put on the Teams site that doesn't like Pale Moon.