Unable to access email - new v 28.9.0.1

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Joleca

Unable to access email - new v 28.9.0.1

Unread post by Joleca » 2020-03-25, 04:10

Foolishly allowed by browser to update to the new version 28.9.0.1 today.

Now am unable to access email.. I use "mail.yahoo.com" and now says "unsupported browser".. tells me to upgrade to a current version of IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Move to Pale Moon because I didn't like the alternatives. when Firefox started looking and acting like Chrome. Now unable to access my email in any form unless I use one of these other browsers.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.. Unable to not be able to access email.. Tried to revert my browser to an earlier version of Pale Moon. It will not do so, even after downloading the older version, it still stays on 28.9.0.1.

Please fix this, unable to access unless using IE or Chrome now.. OS is Windows 10 Pro and the this is what I get when trying to access now: "https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reaso ... ed_browser" was already signed in to email..

Joanna
Last edited by Joleca on 2020-03-25, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Unable to access email - new v 28.9.0.1

Unread post by therube » 2020-03-25, 11:27

@Joleca, what OS?

No issue on my end.
In my case, I use Yahoo's "Classic" look (i.e., the version you can access with JavaScript disabled).
(Classic or not, does not appear to be the issue.)

There is a useragent override for yahoo.com in about:config.
By default (on my end, Win7) it is set to: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:99.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.9 (Pale Moon)
Does your end show the same or different? (about:config, filter on yahoo.com)

Earlier user with the same issue, Yahoo Mail No Longer Works on Pale Moon.

If you are reverting to earlier PM, be sure & disable automatic updates.
Maybe even download the old, disconnect from Internet, install old, disable updates, then reconnect Internet.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-25, 14:19

Having a demanding tone in general does not motivate very well.

It may be that your user-agent overrides (which Yahoo! requires because they refuse to acknowledge our presence) are currently non-functional due to a small bug we're working on and will have a fix out for soon. In that case, your demands will be met soon enough. If not, kindly come back after the update and see if we can figure out what's going on.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Joleca

Unread post by Joleca » 2020-03-25, 15:52

My OS is Windows 10 Pro.. and sorry for the attitude, very frustrated right now.. we are in total shutdown, trying to work from home and now having this happen.. When I try to access my email, this is what I get: "https://mail.yahoo.com/b/?.src=ym&reaso ... ed_browser" Only way to access now is to use Internet Explorer or Chrome.. neither of which are satisfactory.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-25, 17:46

I understand it's frustrating for you. However please understand that this situation wouldn't even exist if yahoo wasn't extremely restrictive in what browsers they "allow" on their yahoo mail website.
We're working on it. Please use the less "satisfactory" browsers in the meantime.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Joleca

Unread post by Joleca » 2020-03-26, 15:45

Will "use the less "satisfactory" browsers in the meantime",

but am going to pout while I am doing so!!!

Joanna

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-03-26, 19:09

I know of a Mail & News client that might suit you...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-03-26, 20:08

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2020-03-26, 19:09
I know of a Mail & News client that might suit you...
And it works with yahoo, too!