Just me, or is Youtube snokkered today.... Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Just me, or is Youtube snokkered today....

Unread post by Rickkins » 2020-03-26, 17:20

So of course, now it's not working with uBO either. I do notice that if I click the videos directly, as opposed to opening in new tabs, then they work.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2020-03-26, 17:24

Rickkins wrote:
2020-03-26, 17:20
if I click the videos directly, as opposed to opening in new tabs, then they work.
That doesn't matter at my end.
But it makes me wonder if you're using another extension, which doesn't play well with adblocking in this regard.
Try disabling them one by one, and see what happens.

Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Rickkins » 2020-03-26, 17:40

Hard to say what's going on, but I'm having other issues as well. Facebook is not working very well either, and I spend a lot of time there.

Maybe I'll just use edge for a while, give things some time to balance out.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2020-03-26, 17:49

illiad wrote:
2020-03-26, 10:53
Goodydino wrote:
2020-03-23, 18:48
I also had to get rid of YouTube Lazy Load. I found another autoplay stopper which works and causes no problems.
er, link??? :D :D the only constant is 'change' ... YT changes stuff *again* , some other thing creeps in, needing *massive* rewrite... :roll: :roll: :roll:

................... and it looks like I have managed to switch of 'updates' again... :shifty: :roll: :crazy:
The extension I use now is YouTube Autoplay Stopper 1.0.7, which I got from the Classic Addons Archive.

rseiler

Unread post by rseiler » 2020-03-27, 01:24

Though a significant problem with YouTube Autoplay Stopper, which is from 2011, is that it doesn't stop Youtube videos from autoplaying.

On the EasyList+YouTube Lazy Load issue, which has been maddeningly intermittent for me this week, it looks like AdGuard Base (an offshoot of EasyList, so a nice stand-in for it)+YouTube Lazy Load does not have the issue. Subject to change at any moment.

rseiler

Unread post by rseiler » 2020-03-27, 17:48

Not a PM issue of any kind, since it happens elsewhere. In other browsers, if you have uBo and even AutoplayStopper or YouTube No Buffer, you can see the problem. The AutoplayStopper dev, for one, is working on an update. It's unclear if all such extensions will need to be updated or if a filter update will suffice.

For now, this is a workaround:

Code: Select all

@@||youtube.com/get_video_info?$~third-party

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-03-27, 23:42

rseiler: I noticed that in ABL, but I am not sure of the syntax.. ( :o you beat me to the post!! :) :) )

I just removed the blocking for '||youtube.com/get_video_info?$~third-party' in ABL, and solution!! :D

I am not sure of what other problems are happening, and it is only recent... could it be the new 'fix' YT has done to reduce the resolution? :silent: :oops:
The result I get is the 'setting' cog - click to see 'resolution', it says 'auto auto' instead of 'auto 480' or whatever...

I am still using 'flash stopper 1.4.4' - PM me if you need a copy.. (no YT lazyload or similar)
FF has the same, but an addon to set the YT resolution solves this.. no sign of a PM addon...
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2020-03-28, 05:45

Rickkins wrote:
2020-03-26, 17:20
So of course, now it's not working with uBO either. I do notice that if I click the videos directly, as opposed to opening in new tabs, then they work.
The opposite is occuring for me in that when I open a video in another tab, it works ok instead of clicking on it resulting in a blank video screen.

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-03-28, 07:02

this is where a screen capture would be helpful... :p
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2020-03-28, 19:01

illiad wrote:
2020-03-28, 07:02
this is where a screen capture would be helpful... :p
I attached two examples. I've tried disabling the lists in uBo to see if that worked. Nothing happened there. I don't use YT addons anymore and only use scripts now. Strangely, my brother's account works fine with all this mess. It's mine that this has started happening with. The four scripts I use are called Show Thumbnails for the classic page as I'm not going to the Polymer layout no time soon, as well as two hacks scripts that mostly function like YT+ did but work also on Polymer. The last one just hides the recommended videos on the home page and sidebar as well. The problem apparently has been solved on the subreddit for uBo but no dice for me and I updated the lists at least 3 times and nothing's happened.
Attachments
Blank Video Page.jpg
Working Video Page.jpg

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-03-29, 18:13

:o :o !!

well I think try *removing* all UBO stuff, and the scripts.... (first backup your profile!! )

erm is your brother's account on the same PC or different one?? I would try copying his profile to yours, to see if it works!! could use 'profile switcher ??

I would not trust YT to 'stand still'.. I am at least getting an error message, could a script be blocking that and other things???

check my post Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:42 pm for the *unblocked* item ! :)

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2020-03-29, 22:51

illiad wrote:
2020-03-29, 18:13
:o :o !!

well I think try *removing* all UBO stuff, and the scripts.... (first backup your profile!! )

erm is your brother's account on the same PC or different one?? I would try copying his profile to yours, to see if it works!! could use 'profile switcher ??

I would not trust YT to 'stand still'.. I am at least getting an error message, could a script be blocking that and other things???

check my post Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:42 pm for the *unblocked* item ! :)
It's the same PC and I know my scripts aren't causing it so it must still be a uBo thing. I tried the workaround filter and it didn't do nothing for me.

EDIT: A profile backup and restore as well as reinstalling everything else seemed to fix the problem. I just overrode the default profile with a test one I created and it seemed to fix what was wrong. It may have been due to years of junk and whatever building up in it that a completely new one doesn't have. I also used FEBE to back up the new profile and everything else as I haven't done it in a hot minute. It seems to happen at random and it even double loads the video as it has a red bar at the top leading it to play twice. It's touch and go it seems like.

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-03-30, 11:27

good news then :) :)

I know you may be an **expert***, :p but the problem is maybe something in the way extension installs and uninstall are handled - quite often they do not do a **full* uninstall , bits left in folders, bits left in prefs.js...

also due to the covid situation, many systems are feeling the pressure, and things don't happen as 'cleanly' as normal..

check your PM.. :)

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2020-03-30, 18:56

illiad wrote:
2020-03-30, 11:27
good news then :) :)

I know you may be an **expert***, :p but the problem is maybe something in the way extension installs and uninstall are handled - quite often they do not do a **full* uninstall , bits left in folders, bits left in prefs.js...

also due to the covid situation, many systems are feeling the pressure, and things don't happen as 'cleanly' as normal..

check your PM.. :)
I already have and frankly you just talked down to me. I don't appreciate that.

4td8s
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by 4td8s » 2020-04-01, 17:23

rseiler wrote:
2020-03-27, 17:48
Not a PM issue of any kind, since it happens elsewhere. In other browsers, if you have uBo and even AutoplayStopper or YouTube No Buffer, you can see the problem. The AutoplayStopper dev, for one, is working on an update. It's unclear if all such extensions will need to be updated or if a filter update will suffice.

For now, this is a workaround:

Code: Select all

@@||youtube.com/get_video_info?$~third-party
speaking of Youtube No Buffer, the creator of that one recently updated his addon a few days ago to work with the new changes to the YT site

if only the newest Youtube No Buffer version would work on PM...