Youtube painfully slow loading (7+ seconds)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
wyhiwyg

Re: Youtube painfully slow loading (7+ seconds)

Unread post by wyhiwyg » 2020-02-15, 04:11

Just do what I did: roll back to 28.8.2. Only difference with the latest version is YouTube.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-15, 11:31

wyhiwyg wrote:
2020-02-15, 04:11
Just do what I did: roll back to 28.8.2. Only difference with the latest version is YouTube.
Won't help you for very long, Google -will- kill the old interface.
Also, there's a sec release coming next week which will have you in need of upgrading for more important reasons.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

francesco bat

Unread post by francesco bat » 2020-02-15, 17:00

I solved the problem stopping auto play video.
I never liked it autoplay in youtube and before ii used addon YouTube Lazy Load, but after update it doesn't work anymore.
Then i found Autoplay Toggle and installed and it works with all media online and in the navigation bar you can active it and disable it when you want.
In youtube i enabled it for stop video in autoplay and it greatly improves the loading speed.
I have a 2008/2009 pc desktop :)
Bye
Francesco bat