Page not rendering correctly when opened on background tab

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
acajoo

Page not rendering correctly when opened on background tab

Unread post by acajoo » 2020-02-14, 09:03

Palemoon 28.8.2.1 (64-bit) desktop
CPU: Intel Core i5-6300U@2.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 520

Page is not rendering correctly in the background tab, I think that this user had the same problem:
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=21434

I know that you said that nothing can be done, but this is extremely important to me and Chrome and Firefox are not having this problem, so please take another look at this issue maybe somethink could be done.

So far I tried this without any success:
- disable in "Preferences"-"Tabs"-"Don't load tab until selected"
- disable in "Preferences-"Tabs"-"When I open a link in a new tab, switch to in immediately"
- to change dom.min_background_timeout_value from 1000 to 4ms, doesn't help
- disable addons
- clear profile
- tried to disable Disable Page Visibility API Script with this userscript: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/32726-dpvs

This happens when a page is loading on a background tab. This happens on page that uses JS to additionally load content. Page loads, but it looks like CSS is not loaded. Content not loading correctly is inside frame. If I try to switch to this background tab while page is loading, browser doesn't react, it seems that it's frozen until page is loaded, then browser switches to background tab.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Page not rendering correctly when opened on background tab

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-14, 12:44

Read viewtopic.php?t=21434#p161326 and beyond.
This situation hasn't changed. We can't control a website not responding favorable to being throttled and breaking.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Page not rendering correctly when opened on background tab

Unread post by therube » 2020-02-14, 14:02

Page is not rendering correctly in the background tab
URLs where you see this happening?

(I didn't see any issues with the links in the other thread, but then not quite sure just what to be looking for?
In any case, those links did appear to be fully loaded on my end.)