Addon bar hiding do not persist Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zhigalin

Addon bar hiding do not persist

Unread post by zhigalin » 2020-02-06, 17:18

Hello.
I have Palemoon 28.8.1 as my main browser on my Ubuntu 18.04
There is just one thing that bugs me.
I have a session with 4 windows and each time I start the browser I have to right click and hide the addon bar for each of the 4 windows.
How can I made this persistent?
Maybe by manually editing some config files?

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Addon bar hiding do not persist

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-02-06, 18:11

What is the addon bar?
I tried looking at the various menus but can't find any mentions of an addon bar.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-06, 19:20

They mean the status bar.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-02-06, 19:58

Moonchild wrote:
2020-02-06, 19:20
I wish people would decide on using the same names, even if they're not the correct ones... :cry:

Also I thought the hiding of a toolbar was permanent. I hid my bookmarks toolbar and whenever I start the browser it is still hidden.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-06, 20:00

It should be permanent.
Depending on how you close the browser when you have multiple windows open (one by one? is the bar hidden in the last window in that case?) and how you restore your session windows (are you using an add-on for that, etc...?) things may be enabled or disable on next start.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

zhigalin

Unread post by zhigalin » 2020-02-07, 09:05

Moonchild wrote:
2020-02-06, 19:20
No, I mean the addon bar.
See the screenshot, the addon bar is where my pointer is.
I actually had the same problem with the status bar before but it somehow solved itself.
Screenshot_20200207_095613.png
Moonchild wrote:
2020-02-06, 20:00
It should be permanent.
Depending on how you close the browser when you have multiple windows open (one by one? is the bar hidden in the last window in that case?) and how you restore your session windows (are you using an add-on for that, etc...?) things may be enabled or disable on next start.
I'm closing the browser with the "quit" option in the menu and I'm using http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/ but I don't think it's messing with the UI settings...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-07, 10:20

The "Addon bar" there is a custom toolbar. Did you create that yourself or did you use an extension for it?
Those custom toolbars show by design if they have content in them; that is the whole point of creating additional toolbars in your browser UI. Why place add-ons there if you are just going to hide them anyway?

zhigalin

Unread post by zhigalin » 2020-02-07, 10:32

Moonchild wrote:
2020-02-07, 10:20
The "Addon bar" there is a custom toolbar. Did you create that yourself or did you use an extension for it?
Yes, I used the "Add new toolbar" button fro the "customize" window.
Moonchild wrote:
2020-02-07, 10:20
Those custom toolbars show by design if they have content in them; that is the whole point of creating additional toolbars in your browser UI. Why place add-ons there if you are just going to hide them anyway?
There are addons which I use, but I use them too rarely to make them stay on the screen all the time, I don't have that much free screen space.
So my plan was to show this panel, use an addon from it and hide it again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-02-07, 10:38

If you want to save space you can put those icons in the status bar. They will be scaled down to 16x16 in a bar that is already present on the screen anyway.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2020-02-07, 11:14

Your Addon bar is being unhided by Classic Add-ons Archive, see Issue #70 (ca-archive).

zhigalin

Unread post by zhigalin » 2020-02-07, 17:13

JustOff wrote:
2020-02-07, 11:14
Your Addon bar is being unhided by Classic Add-ons Archive, see Issue #70 (ca-archive).
That was the case, thank you