PaleMoon not fuctioning on business site Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
onelasttime

PaleMoon not fuctioning on business site

Unread post by onelasttime » 2020-01-15, 22:02

After the latest upgrade, PaleMoon will not function correctly on Midway's site. (Midway is an online sporting goods retailer)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939101735

The above link takes you to a page that has flannel shirts. On the right side of the page you can select size and color patterns. The selection boxes do not work (this is true site wide. No option/size/color/caliber/etc selection box works.)

I disabled AdBlock Latitude and uBlock, the selection boxes still do not work.

The site does function correctly using Microsoft Edge.

ONE OTHER ITEM I WISH TO MENTION IN PASSING:

I resent having to create a new account when I report an issue. Unlike the people who spend their lives on this forum, I have other things to do. I do not have the time to log into the Pale Moon forum just to keep an account active.

I run forums on the internet; having accounts of users who are infrequent posters is not a burden to me or the software. Indeed, this preoccupation with constantly pruning your user list strikes me as bordering on a obsessive/compulsive mental health issue.

Face it, you are going to get reports about Pale Moon issues from users who DO NOT make this forum their internet home. I am one of them. I have posted on confirmed glitches here before, and each time I had to make a new account to do so. STOP IT. It's silly. It wastes my time and makes you look foolish. If the price of being able to get someone to look at an issue of your browser is my devotion to clicking on this site, then it is a price I am unwilling to bear. Leave me and my account alone, and in return I will be able to notify the Powers-That-Be of errors and glitches that I discover.

I do not see this as unreasonable.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: PaleMoon not fuctioning on business site

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-15, 23:33

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 1/15/2020 6:31:41 PM
Error: ReferenceError: customElements is not defined
Source File: https://content.mwstatic.com/Content/js/webpack-dist/productPage.module.e9ecaf1151cdc51cb0d0.js?ver=var1
Line: 1
Yeah, we are in the process of implementing the Google "WebComponents" including customElements. This is slated for Milestone 29. In the meantime, you may wish to contact the developers and inform them that despite it almost being true, not all browsers are Chrome.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-01-16, 00:14

Off-topic:
How come lately all these websites are using polymer or whatsit?
Which framework is going rogue?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-01-16, 00:31

onelasttime wrote:
2020-01-15, 22:02
I resent having to create a new account when I report an issue. Unlike the people who spend their lives on this forum,
You are required to log in once a year to keep your account active, but doing that more than once apparently equates to 'spending one's life' on this forum according to you.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2020-01-16, 00:40

moonbat wrote:
2020-01-16, 00:31
You are required to log in once a year to keep your account active
Actually, per this ...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21337

... it's once every two years now, which in turn makes him sound that much whinier.

EDIT: By the way, onelasttime, the name of the software is Pale Moon, not PaleMoon.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-01-16, 00:51

Okay, then the Forum Rules page needs to be updated to reflect this.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-16, 00:58

Actually it's a good rule of thumb to log in once a year, so it's fine for the rules page to reflect that. the current purge cycle will simply allow more time so if you log in once every 1 year and a week it'll still be there.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

onelasttime

Unread post by onelasttime » 2020-01-16, 03:30

I suspected I would get this response.

This is a nice little club you have here. It would be a shame for any outsiders to come in and muddy up the waters.

I will not bother anyone here again.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-16, 05:15

Well that's nice, no "Thanks for the info", "Good to see more support for things is coming", "Thanks for spending the last 8 hours saving us all, albeit not soley but still critically with some piece of research and work".

Just bitch, bitch, bitch. Now where did I leave my phaser, hmm...

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2020-01-16, 05:41

Off-topic:
I never log out. why should I? I would think it would be safer to stay logged because usually on most sites when already logged you can't login from another device (there are exceptions of course) thus preventing any one else from stealing your stuff...Of course this could be flawed logic but either way, I am kinda lazy in that for me it's easier just to stay logged. Its not like I am sitting in front of my PC all the time; but off or on I'm still logged (I stay logged on most of the sites I visit frequently and that require it.)

For OP: I would suggest filing a complaint form on the website (I did) and read em the riot act (likely won't work but who knows?)
In any case you can always try Multi_Tasking some and use an alternate "approved" browser (sic) like (dare I cuss) c*rome or e#ge
at least until PM 29 (as noted by Tobin) release.

I did try the site using FF56 and it all looked to work fine (was not expecting that) now that could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on
ones perspective.

Personally I don't trust the web very much (once bitten and I remember Equifax) so I do not do any online banking and generally avoid
things like that when possible, but when I need to... I just use ole reliable?? IE :sick:
*Can you order by phone? or is that too slow/antiquated or other.
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

Sessh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Sessh » 2020-01-16, 07:33

onelasttime wrote:
2020-01-16, 03:30
I suspected I would get this response.
I'm curious as to what response you were expecting? People gave you actual answers. The second part of your message was basically a rage post directed towards the staff and all because you can't spare the 30 seconds it would take to sign into this site a single time over the course of a full year to keep your account active. Asking for 30 seconds of your time once a year is not too much. This is far from the only website that deletes inactive accounts periodically either. I would also add that the people who "spend their lives on this forum" are also the ones who are actively developing the browser and are here to provide support. Considering you started your tirade by talking down to them, I think the responses you got were fucking great.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-01-16, 10:45

onelasttime wrote:
2020-01-15, 22:02
I resent having to create a new account when I report an issue. Unlike the people who spend their lives on this forum, I have other things to do. I do not have the time to log into the Pale Moon forum just to keep an account active....I run forums on the internet;
So, you run forums on the internet, yet logging into a forum once a year equates to "spending life on forum". Right.