Pale Moon makes Top-Ten on current Browser list

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Pale Moon makes Top-Ten on current Browser list

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-01, 15:43

Pale Moon is ranked in the top-10 on: The TOP TENS Best Web Browsers list :thumbup: ... and Nice Review! :clap:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon makes Top-Ten on current Browser list

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-12-01, 16:34

Safe, Secure, fast, Reliable
the best because of the extensions
is the one that I would rely my security of my family's pattern of internet use. I like this for the safety, security, quickness
more secure than all the others, more reliable than all the others
You'd think these excerpts described Pale Moon, but they are actually about Google Chrome.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-01, 16:39

Google Chrome is absolutely my very LAST choice of browsers! :thumbdown:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2019-12-01, 17:19

Google Chrome is absolutely my very LAST choice of browsers!
I couldn't agree more! IMO Pale Moon should be on top of this list, I'm thinking the author of this piece ranked them by market share (maybe some dosh too?) , rather than just it's overall usability and security, which for me Pale Moon is #1 on the list.

Being a new Pale Moon user...I don't want to sound too overzealous, but I reelly freakin love my new browser Pale Moon :D
And I want to say Thank You Moonchild for all your hard work, and all the other folks involved in the Pale moon project for "every ones benefit"

I rarely post in the forum because I have absolutely Zero issues/problems so I just had to for this one.

*where the heck have I been all these past years...in a coma?
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-01, 17:56

Unfortunately, it will continue to be "herd mentality" for the most part that will continue to contribute to market share and in turn will be what keeps Google Chrome at, or near, the top of any browser list. :(

Herb_

Unread post by Herb_ » 2019-12-02, 14:02

.. good forum with almost no bad behaviour. Help from mods and developers.
At that point in reading I had to laugh hard and loud, so the wife came along to check what has happened :D

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-12-02, 14:08

Herb_ wrote:
2019-12-02, 14:02
.. good forum with almost no bad behaviour. Help from mods and developers.
At that point in reading I had to laugh hard and loud, so the wife came along to check what has happened :D
Where's the lie?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-02, 18:16

If people want, I can stop being helpful, if that satisfies the conditions of what people expect from this forum.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-12-02, 23:59

Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-02, 18:16
If people want, I can stop being helpful, if that satisfies the conditions of what people expect from this forum.
No, you are helpful when people ask questions that haven't already been addressed elsewhere. Same with everyone else here and on the whole it is a closeknit and helpful community.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

nevadacrab
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by nevadacrab » 2019-12-22, 21:01

#10 is NETSCAPE??????

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-22, 21:14

nevadacrab wrote:
2019-12-22, 21:01
#10 is NETSCAPE??????
Yep -- seems odd. :crazy: The 1st comment posted accurately states "Netscape has been dead since 2008". :eh:

,,, just noticed that Basilisk is listed under "Newcomers" (but not yet ranked).....

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2019-12-22, 21:26

I am very curious about these polls.
Where and how are these polls conducted and by whom.?

Is it the opinion of one person or people for whom we do not know.
Don't know about anyone else but i for one was never asked to vote on such a poll.

I don't think they hold much credibility and seem to be based on usage share and analytics from "other" polls perhaps.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-12-22, 22:22

I think it is bullshit clickbate that doesn't refect a damn thing. Just trying to capture ad revenue with search terms. It is also perpetual and partly based on user content with a history at LEAST back to 2013. See: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.thetoptens.com/best-web-browsers/

Making it and this thread.. Entirely pointless.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-22, 22:38

An argument can be made that nothing's entirely pointless if Pale Moon gets positive browser ranking exposure (which is always nice to see!).... ;) :thumbup:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-12-22, 22:54

If someone is dumb enough to use that site in their decision making then I don't think they will like Pale Moon or any of the UXP applications. It is of neutral benefit at MOST.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-22, 23:40

Sites dedicated to "top ten lists" only exist because they keep regurgitating existing content with fresh ads (and sometimes juggling the order or listed entries) on different domain names. They are also often guilty of SEO spamming fora, social media and mailing lists, but have no actual value beyond flat entertainment.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-22, 23:42

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-12-22, 22:54
If someone is dumb enough to use that site in their decision making then I don't think they will like Pale Moon or any of the UXP applications. It is of neutral benefit at MOST.
An enterprise that should necessarily believe its venture to be both worthwhile and competitive should welcome any kind of exposure. :think: :idea:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-22, 23:45

Really? Would you as a serious business owner like to have your company printed in a tabloid next to Elvis and aliens-ate-my-baby?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-22, 23:48

Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-22, 23:45
Really? Would you as a business owner like to have your company printed in a tabloid next to Elvis and aliens?
Of course not -- but in this case Pale Moon is in the company of ONLY other browsers (many very well known I would add). ;)

Clearly the exposure simply CANNOT hurt!!!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-22, 23:49

It is of neutral benefit at MOST.