Intended changes in 9.1

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Intended changes in 9.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-01-20, 11:44

I'm adopting a number of bugfixes in pale Moon 9.1, in implementation now.

It's really annoying to have to work around "shielded security bugs" that give anyone but Mozilla devs "Unauthorized" responses in bugzilla. But at least I can pull the code changes out of the hg changesets. Not sure if Mozilla realizes this. Having just code and no context is annoying still, though.

Bug list already implemented, most js and xpcom (these are all the relevant bugs for Pale Moon since the Aurora merge):
bug #689118
bug #692817
bug #700555
bug #715662
bug #716868
bug #712289
bug #713209

Also:
  • (Hopefully) excluded the status bar add-on from the add-on assistant this time
  • Removed some commercial search plugins (amazon, etc), added DuckDuckGo/SSL
  • Updated the status bar add-on with the fixed one
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Re: Intended changes in 9.1

Unread post by megaman » 2012-01-20, 17:53

Most of those links are under Access Denied.

Thanks for the DDG, saves me from manually having to go get it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Intended changes in 9.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-01-20, 19:34

megaman wrote:Most of those links are under Access Denied.
Yes, it's the annoying part. I have to go a roundabout way to get the code changes to implement security fixes.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite