Rearranging Tabs Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MoonMadness

Rearranging Tabs

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2019-12-04, 16:08

Hi Peeps!

I've searched high and low through the forums, but I keeps seeing a lot of older add-on related questions, so I better start fresh.
Keep in mind that I've tried a new profile, I've installed Pale Moon x64 fresh on Windows and have only used v28.7.2 on this particular system. I've also disabled all add-ons as well. Nothing seems to change. I've even renamed my userChrome.css file

I thought I recall being able to drag tabs and rearrange the order of them. I'm not able to do that at all. When I first inslalled FastDial new tab add-on, I swear I was able to drag the favion to the home button, and set the FastDial page as my home page. What stopped that functionality?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Rearranging Tabs

Unread post by therube » 2019-12-04, 16:16

Restart PM into Safe Mode & see if you can then drag your tabs.

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2019-12-04, 16:21

No I was not able to, nor was I able to on a new profile. To be triple sure, I used a new profile and with safe mode. I loaded Pale Moon with the -p option.
Thanks though.

Edit #1:
Just to add to the second part of the issue, I tried dragging the "Start.me" page on the new profile, while in Safe Mode, and put it overtop the home button. No go.

Edit #2:
Also, I downloaded an older portable build (v28.7.0), and ran it from a different folder. New profile too. Can not drag tabs, nor can I drag links into the tab bar.
Last edited by MoonMadness on 2019-12-04, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-12-04, 16:34

I recall being able to drag tabs and rearrange the order of them.
Now you've got me confused.

Explain further what you're trying to do?

This particular topic happens to be the 5th tab in this window.
I can drag this tab, left, right, & drop to whatever position - on the tab bar, that I want to - in this window.

And you're looking to do ... ?

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2019-12-04, 16:36

That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
(There was also a sub-issue but I'll leave that until later - it just seemed to be related)

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2019-12-04, 17:14

Close the thread and lock - Happy News!

I logged out and back into Windows - it all works
VERY Weird! Sorry Everyone, but thanks for the help TheRube :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-04, 18:59

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtXtIivRRKQ
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MoonMadness

Unread post by MoonMadness » 2019-12-05, 04:30

Usually I would put that advice up there with "Scan for Vrusses and Defrag your Drive". I usually would like tho think there's more "meat" to a problem.
Anyhow, logging off and back in worked, so I'm happy.