The FAQ is being phased out?

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

The FAQ is being phased out?

Unread post by Tharthan » 2019-11-27, 01:34

What is meant by the FAQ is being phased out? Do you mean by that that the FAQ is going to be left in an outdated state, but still accessible to the public, or do you mean that it is going to be taken down?

Some people (and that will only increase if we get more "not techie" or "not users) might find having to come here, to the forum, to be a bit intimidating. Not that forum-use is difficult in the slightest (especially when compared to the stuff that oh-so-many people opt for these days), obviously, but some people just don't like to get into all of this.

So if it does mean that you are planning to take down the FAQ, would you be willing to consider keeping either a condensed version of it up (containing answers to things that are probably not going to change much if at all), or the current version up, so as to answer basic questions that non-savvy Pale Moon users and/or Pale Moon users who don't tend to get into online discussions, might have?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: The FAQ is being phased out?

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-27, 11:55

What is meant by your post? I don't understand it. Some context would be useful.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-11-27, 12:19

All one has to do is read exactly what it says..
https://www.palemoon.org/faq.shtml wrote:This F.A.Q. is limited and will be phased out soon because focus of support has moved to the Pale Moon forum.
With a subsequent link to the FAQ board. Tharthan is rapidly approaching becoming as useless as badnick was asking questions that have been answered on this very fourm and creating noise for noise sake since his previous tactic of asking things then ignoring the answers he was getting had already run its course.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-11-27, 12:28

I am a bit confused as to this topic's concern, since the FAQ in the forum is entirely accessible.
Anyone can read it without a forum account or any sort of participation in the rest of the forum.
Last edited by coffeebreak on 2019-11-27, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-11-27, 12:29

The FAQ page on the main site explicitly states the deal.. This is just him creating noise like i said. Ignore it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-27, 12:38

In the category of questions already answered.. *lock*
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite