Frequent freezes

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Protegent

Frequent freezes

Unread post by Protegent » 2019-11-24, 12:33

I'm having this problem with both Pale Moon and Basilisk. The whole browser (UI and page) freezes for a second at random times. This is not the case with any other browser. Also, the problem occurs on my new desktop pc too (Ryzen 5 1600, 8 GB RAM, Arch Linux)
I have Acer Aspire 5735z. Pentium T3200 cpu, 2 GB RAM. (Win 7 32 Bit.)

The problem is so bothering that I had to change my default browser back to Firefox for now. But I really liked the simplicity of Pale Moon, so I want it to be fixed.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Frequent freezes

Unread post by back2themoon » 2019-11-24, 14:00

Protegent wrote:
2019-11-24, 12:33
...so I want it to be fixed.
Information to include when asking for support

Also, you posted in the wrong forum section.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Frequent freezes

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2019-12-15, 01:24

How often does this "freezing" behavior occur?

If it is quite often (i.e. every few minutes or so) -- you could try starting the browser(s) in "safe-mode" (Help>Restart in Safe Mode..., select "safe-mode" from the dialog you get).

Then check the browser out for enough time to determine if this same thing occurs in safe-mode -- if not then it would most likely be an add-on that is causing the issue (that you can resolve by process of elimination).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising