Pale Moon will not play some videos

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Pale Moon will not play some videos

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2019-11-22, 01:15

loxodont wrote:
2019-11-22, 00:35
However, thx for help & advice posts
You're welcome. I still get stumped from time to time why videos are stuck, even with FTTH!

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2019-11-22, 12:54

loxodont wrote:
2019-11-22, 00:35
I still don't know what it is.
Whatever it is, it's weird.
I'm no vimeo user but out of curiosity have checked your links with a fresh portable install of Pale Moon 28.7.2.
None of them worked for me as well (load eternally and don't start).
Then I tested with IceCat 68.2.0esr and except for link 3 and 7 all the other links worked fine.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-11-22, 15:04

All those videos linked on the previous page played fine here.

For whatever it's worth, it helped to have autoplay enabled (usually I disable it).

Oddly, when autoplay was enabled all the viewing pages opened for me with the player "off," but needing just a single click to start playing - while when autoplay was disabled the viewing pages opened with the player "on" and buffering, yet requiring two or three clicks to start playing.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-11-23, 17:51

coffeebreak wrote:
2019-11-22, 15:04
..., it helped to have autoplay enabled (usually I disable it).
I always had media.autoplay. enabled (if you meant this with autoplay) to true by default in PM and Basilisk and also tried with this fix from windowsclub https://www.thewindowsclub.com/vimeo-no ... me-firefox
- maybe it helps someone else, but it didn't work for me.
One last time I re-checked videos with old Basilisk (2018-12-18) and the good news is it played most of vimeo stuff very well, just not those failvideos on page 1.