How to reimport a distrusted CA Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

How to reimport a distrusted CA

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2019-11-19, 21:46

A while ago I pre-emptively deleted QuoVadis, not so much from believing they're strictly unsafe, but I wanted to be alerted every time it pops up. Now it turns out that a couple of sites I use often have QuoVadis and I'm tired of confirming exceptions for every subdomain.

1. Is there a safe and supported way of adding the CA certificates back?
2. If not, I've downloaded some PEM & DER files from the QuoVadis website. How does one go about importing them into the browser?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How to reimport a distrusted CA

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-19, 21:56

If it's a built-in CA root you distrusted (which I'm pretty sure is the case here), then you can re-establish the trust with the built-in root in the certificate manager. You can't re-import them in that case because they were never deleted from the store (that's not possible for built-ins) but they were flagged as untrusted, instead.

To restore, go to Advanced -> Certificates -> view certificates, Go to "Authorities" in the certificate manager, and on the distrusted certificates use "edit trust" and enable the checkbox "This certificate can identify websites"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: How to reimport a distrusted CA

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2019-11-19, 22:06

Thanks, worked like a charm! Funny thing, I had that page open but didn't find QuoVadis because for some reason I searched for Q after X :oops: