How to reimport a distrusted CA Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Utnapishtim
Moon lover
Moon lover

How to reimport a distrusted CA

Post by Utnapishtim » 2019-11-19, 21:46

A while ago I pre-emptively deleted QuoVadis, not so much from believing they're strictly unsafe, but I wanted to be alerted every time it pops up. Now it turns out that a couple of sites I use often have QuoVadis and I'm tired of confirming exceptions for every subdomain.

1. Is there a safe and supported way of adding the CA certificates back?
2. If not, I've downloaded some PEM & DER files from the QuoVadis website. How does one go about importing them into the browser?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How to reimport a distrusted CA

Post by Moonchild » 2019-11-19, 21:56

If it's a built-in CA root you distrusted (which I'm pretty sure is the case here), then you can re-establish the trust with the built-in root in the certificate manager. You can't re-import them in that case because they were never deleted from the store (that's not possible for built-ins) but they were flagged as untrusted, instead.

To restore, go to Advanced -> Certificates -> view certificates, Go to "Authorities" in the certificate manager, and on the distrusted certificates use "edit trust" and enable the checkbox "This certificate can identify websites"
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Utnapishtim
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: How to reimport a distrusted CA

Post by Utnapishtim » 2019-11-19, 22:06

Thanks, worked like a charm! Funny thing, I had that page open but didn't find QuoVadis because for some reason I searched for Q after X :oops: