how to disable the history of about:newtab

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lavabo

how to disable the history of about:newtab

Unread post by lavabo » 2019-11-17, 09:15

I do not want to expose any history of the browser in the page about:newtab. Currently there are squares directing to various websites visited. how do I disable this ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: how to disable the history of about:newtab

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-17, 09:41

The whole point of selecting the QuickDial page is so you have shortcuts to previously-visited pages.
If you don't want that, then either select the default start page (which is not history-related), a blank page, or about:home if you want search on it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lavabo

Unread post by lavabo » 2020-01-02, 17:17

Yes I disabled quickdial and the awful thumbnails with his
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22200&p=168022&hili ... al#p168022

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-01-02, 17:35

No reason to call it "awful" just because you don't want them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite